forum

[Archived] Osu lags hard after upgrading to Windows 10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rowen_Nightfall
Problem Details:

Upgraded my system to Windows 10 two days ago. Had no problem when using Windows 7, but now I get like 1-4 frames when starting (literally) with strange ghosting effects (which can last up to a minute until osu "runs"). FPS increase to 15-25 when playing taiko. Input lags (stable/stable fallback version) or worse only counts approx every fifth key press (cuttingedge).

GPU load: 15%.
CPU load: 30%.
Memory: also 30%. (so I don't really get why osu performance is this bad :( )

My attempts to solve the problem:

- reinstall graphic card drivers (and other drivers as well)
- reinstall osu
- tried all the osu reases
- ran osu fullscreen
- changed video renderer and other osu settings
- made a profile @ my graphic cards settings to prefer high performance instead of texture quality
- of course the windows compatibility mode
- a vm to emulate win 7 (yes I was very desperate and had nothing to lose and of course it didn't work :) )
- changing the harddrive (default location is on my SSD but just in case that the drive has a malfunction or stuff switched it)
(- in case anyone is suggesting yes I turned off this stupid xbox screen capturing app which auto-installed when upgrading)

Can't figure out what's wrong, osu seems to be the only thing with performance problems till now, though I have to admit that I didn't run much games lately.^^

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/Umk8uhg.png

The "ghosting" I mentioned at the beginning when starting or shutting down osu. (The music runs smoothly though.) It's kinda stuck at the fade-in and fade-out for a while.

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/w4tz6AA.jpg

Made another shot to show CPU, GPU and RAM. CPU climbed up to 46% and RAM to 59% but that's due to the amount of other open programs which don't seem to have any effect on the osu performance. FPS is between 15 and 30 either way, it did not get worse with all those programs open.

osu! version: 20160725cuttingedge (and the other releases as well)
KatouMegumi
That's why you should install any OSes from scratch.
What's the specs tho?
Topic Starter
Rowen_Nightfall

Fizzn wrote:

What's the specs tho?
Ah I knew I forgot sth! :)
Specs are

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
GC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
MB: ASRock Z68 Pro3

Fizzn wrote:

That's why you should install any OSes from scratch.
None of my friends had problems with upgrading their system and everything worked fine on their PCs. Decided to upgrade rather than wiping away because it took me ages to mod some games and make them run smoothly. Wasn't very fond of the idea to do it all once again. :(
Topic Starter
Rowen_Nightfall
Update

Seems to work after restarting Windows...? But I'm a bit sceptical, when I reinstalled my driver it worked once and I was happy and next day, 15 FPS again. :?: Looks a bit weird.
KatouMegumi
Heard of a backups? It should do the thing.