forum

Xi-Style v1.70

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
I'm new around here, as my post count may dictate. I was bored, got addicted to Osu recently, so I figured I'd tinker with the skin template a bit. I made this primarily for myself, because I have a fetish for shiny things, dark colours and sleek(ish) design. Hence, the name Xi-Style (Xiao style; it isn't really modeled after anything). I ended up with this:

Xi-Style v1.70: Click here!
v1.70. updated 7/03/2009
- Added a blue hue and a golden glow to hitcircle.png due to problems with Tag mode. It should now be easier to distinguish when it's your turn. It's not foolproof as songs that use grey notes will override this but it's a decent fix for the most part.
- Redid all the modifier buttons.
- Added selection-mod-relax2.png and selection-mod-spunout.png.
- Removed selection-mod-taiko.png.
- CtB remains unskinned for now.

Log of previous changes
v1.56, updated 9/01/2008
- Sliderpoint10 and 30 renamed; there was a hyphen in there that shouldn't have been.
- Enlarged sliderpoint10 and 30.
- Added selection-selectoptions and selection-selectoptions-over.
v1.50, updated 8/29/2008
- Added button-left, button-middle and button-right.png.
- Added sliderpoint-10 and sliderpoint-30.png.
- Added buttons for flashlight mod and autoplay.
- Added comboburst.png.
v1.39, updated 7/30/2008
- Removed the section after "Analysis complete." in applause.wav, and added a background noise to it.
- Shaved off blank space at the start of count3s, 2s and 1s WAVs. Should sound more in sync.
- Changed all the pause/results menu buttons to just font. The previous ones looked out of place in the sleek theme.
v1.29, updated 7/29/2008
- Destroyed the old count3s, count2s, count1s, readys, gos WAVs. Microsoft Sam was just a placeholder.
- Replaced them with robotic vocoded voices, and added an applause .wav utilizing RemmyX25's idea.
v1.20, updated 7/28/2008
- Changed go.png from "INITIATE" to "BEGIN".
- Changed gos.wav to reflect above.
- Added sectionpass, sectionfail and menuclick WAVs.
- Angled opposite side of menu-button-background.png, instead of it being straight.
- Brightened sliderfollowcircle.png slightly.
v1.13, updated 7/27/2008
- Changed score-comma and score-dot dimensions to be thinner.
- Made reversearrow.png an actual boomerang arrow.
- Fixed the graphical error during countdown. (Stroke cut off)
- Track ball is now blue and cyan to fit in with the spinner.
- Added the missing Taiko mod button. (It defaulted to the osu! button)
- Enhanced mod buttons so they don't look as plain.
- Increased volume of countdown considerably.

Sample screenshots:
As of v1.70

LuigiHann
Nice to see a skin that's so sleek and complete right off the bat. Screenshots look great, I'll try this one out asap.
peppy
I don't have much to say...except

YUM!

There are a few elements I see you haven't skinned (like tabs), so do tell us when/if this is finished and its going straight up on the official updater!
machol30
NICE!!
James
its pretty slick all right~ <3 <3
YoshiKart
Love the sleek design.

*much to learn from this*
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

peppy wrote:

I don't have much to say...except

YUM!

There are a few elements I see you haven't skinned (like tabs), so do tell us when/if this is finished and its going straight up on the official updater!
Hahaha, that would be sweet. I skinned every image I found in the skin template though, so knowing what I'm missing/should be skinned would be nice. And by "tabs", do you mean selection-tab.png or something else? I wouldn't know to be honest, this is my first skin and I'm not very active around the community.

I also adjusted a few things. Further comments/nitpicks/pointers are appreciated.

XiStyle v1.13
- Changed score-comma and score-dot dimensions to be thinner.
- Made reversearrow.png an actual boomerang arrow.
- Fixed the graphical error during countdown. (Stroke cut off)
- Track ball is now blue and cyan to fit in with the spinner.
- Added the missing Taiko mod button. (It defaulted to the osu! button)
- Enhanced mod buttons so they don't look as plain.
- Increased volume of countdown considerably.

Download: XiStylev1.13.zip
YoshiKart
I'm sure peppy's referring to selection-tab.png.

*runs from peppy's whip in case I'm wrong*
RemmyX25
This is amazing. Welcome to osu! and great work on the skin.

If I may throw my $0.02 in...

"Initiate" seems to be too long imo. It fits the skin, but it doesnt sound right. "Begin" might be a better choice, but its no big deal.

Otherwise keep up the great work!
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Hmm, upon listening to it a few more times in-game, you're right. I'll snip it down to "begin" upon next revision.
xerxes_oli
very niiice
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
XiStyle v1.20
- Changed go.png from "INITIATE" to "BEGIN".
- Changed gos.wav to reflect above.
- Added sectionpass, sectionfail and menuclick WAVs.
- Angled opposite side of menu-button-background.png, instead of it being straight.
- Brightened sliderfollowcircle.png slightly.

I feel the skin is almost 100% complete, but I'll likely add a few more touchups before I do consider it so. If anybody finds anything missing or that could be improved, I would love to hear it.

Download: XiStylev1.20.zip
hunnykilla
Very nice! ill be using this for osu now.
RemmyX25
"Begin" does sound better, great job.

I had an idea to replace applause.wav-- "Analysis Complete"

What do you think?

Just thought you'd like an added $0.02
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
XiStyle v1.29
- Destroyed the old count3s, count2s, count1s, readys, gos WAVs. Microsoft Sam was just a placeholder.
- Replaced them with robotic vocoded voices, and added an applause .wav utilizing RemmyX25's idea.

Thanks for the ideas, Remmy. They're working out beautifully. Also, yes, I know I'm updating this extremely frequently, but as I keep working along, there always seems to be something that can be improved on. I think I'm reaching the point though, where I'm almost completely satisfied with everything.

Almost there.

Also added updated screenshots to the first post.

Download: XiStylev1.29.zip
RemmyX25

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Thanks for the ideas, Remmy. They're working out beautifully. Also, yes, I know I'm updating this extremely frequently, but as I keep working along, there always seems to be something that can be improved on. I think I'm reaching the point though, where I'm almost completely satisfied with everything.

Almost there.

Also added updated screenshots to the first post.
Anytime. I gave you ideas over IRC as well, did you get all of the messages?
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
I got the messages about the applause.wav and the text on the pause menu buttons. I'll work on those.

Download: mai kuraki - key to my heart (gowww) [Muya's Normal].osu
Nharox
Haha, I see my name. :) Great job with the SS and with the skin. I really like the "Sci-Fi" look. :P
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: XiStylev1.39.zip
James
I really love this skin, i think im not pro default anymore :D
good job on it btw.
show more