forum

[Archived] Multiple accounts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Red Moon
Are you allowed to have 2 accounts under the same IP if the same person doesn't play on both accounts?
Dntm8kmeeatu
Creating multiple accounts on the same IP or computer should be fine as long as it's different people (Example being a brother or sister, or friend who doesn't have a computer.)
Zozimoto
No. It's Still Against The Rules. The Punishment Is: Infinite Silence (I'm Not Sure About That One), And Ban To The Remaining Accounts-

But Dntm8kmeeatu Is Right For The Other Way Of Doing It

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Creating multiple accounts on the same IP or computer should be fine as long as it's different people (Example being a brother or sister, or friend who doesn't have a computer.)
I Agree With That
But You Said

EndoftheEnd wrote:

Are you allowed to have 2 accounts under the same IP if the same person doesn't play on both accounts?
And That Is Nonono Or The Punishments Come
Dntm8kmeeatu

Zozimoto wrote:

EndoftheEnd wrote:

And That Is Nonono Or The Punishments Come

I think that's just a case of bad wording. I'm guessing English isn't his first language.

He said "if the same person does not play on both", Which I think (and hope) he means that it is for two separate people.
Topic Starter
Red Moon
Also, how would osu! staff members know if 1 guy played on 2 different accounts?
These are just questions by the way, I'm not intending to break any rules.
Dntm8kmeeatu

EndoftheEnd wrote:

Also, how would osu! staff members know if 1 guy played on 2 different accounts?

They have their ways.

EndoftheEnd wrote:

These are just questions by the way, I'm not intending to break any rules.

Good, It only looks slightly suspicious.

Do you have any other questions?
Pawsu
Basically...Account sharing and multi accounting is prohibited. Please, do not attempt this as it will not go well.

However, your friends/siblings can still use their account to play osu!. It's only that you cannot share the account or make a new one.

The rules explains it pretty well. Take a look at that.
lookatme010
My sister and I are using 2 accounts. But when my sister log in to her account my record are still at my sisters account and my record in my account dosent lost. I want my sister's account be a new account and our account does not connect what should I do
Death

lookatme010 wrote:

My sister and I are using 2 accounts. But when my sister log in to her account my record are still at my sisters account and my record in my account dosent lost. I want my sister's account be a new account and our account does not connect what should I do
Replays are stored locally, they will appear regardless of the account you are logged into when you have the local leaderboard selected.