forum

NBGMusic - skrill. [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stefan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Mittwoch, 14. März 2018 at 22:22:47

Artist: NBGMusic
Title: skrill.
Source: UNDERTALE
Tags: siIvagunner silvagunner giIvasunner gilvasunner's highest quality video game rips: volume 1 sans sans. grillby's parody dubstep toby fox tng thenutritiousguy
BPM: 128
Filesize: 2077kb
Play Time: 00:56
Difficulties Available:
  1. Futsuu (1,65 stars, 111 notes)
  2. Muzukashii (2,1 stars, 156 notes)
  3. Oni (2,65 stars, 220 notes)
  4. Taikovic (4,56 stars, 265 notes)
Download: NBGMusic - skrill.
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Prev Map <- Map #069 | Background by Kiwa007 -> Next Map
Topic Starter
Stefan
Update Log:

SPOILER
  1. 11th August 2016 - fixed unsnapped green lines in DROP THE FIRETRUCKING BASS difficulty, removed some notes in Oni difficulty and changed triplet usage.

2. 12th October - removed kiai spam in DROP THE FIRETRUCKING BASS and nerfed the SV drastically. Made minor changes in all difficulties.

3. 14th October - applied to Lost The Lights' mod; note buff to Futsuu/Muzukashii, minor changes to Oni, minor changes and removal of notes in DROP THE FIRETRUCKING BASS.

4. 7th September 2017 - Changed metadata to the correct information, source: http://siivagunner.wikia.com/wiki/Sans._-_Undertale ; fixed tags accordingly to the artist/title change.

5. 8th September 2017 - did some quality of life changes (aka I have no clue what I have changed from the last time but it looks good so I take it over); did a overhaul for 1/6 usage in the DROP THE FIRETRUCKING BASS difficulty.

6. 17th October - Applied to Zetera and Nepuri's mods: Buffed Futsuu slightly for variation reasons and made some finisher removals; remove two notes and lines from Muzukashii; did several finisher removals and 1/3 remove from Oni; added some finishers and changed some note colours in DROP THE FIRETRUCKING BASS, as well removed the 1/3 part; did consistency changes for the whole mapset.

7. 13th March 2018 - Changed SV of Oni to 1.60x. Changed the SV setup of 00:21:091 - 00:22:732 - / 00:43:591 - 00:45:232 - for Oni from 0.02x jumps to 0.04x. I made this change to give the whole difficulty a decent portion of emphasis and make it look a bit faster. Changed 00:23:200 (76,77,78) - / 00:45:700 (173,174,175) - to kdd in Oni, sounds better. Renamed DROP THE FIRETRUCKING BASS to Taikovic. Added some rest phases for Muzukashii due the lack of rest phases (there were none). Made some lenght adjustment and split some really long combo chains and it should be easier now. Made 1/6 usage and pattern more consistent in Taikovic.

8. 14th March - Added some notes for the intro part in Oni/Taikovic. Fixed kiai inconsistency for Taikovic.
Izzywing
we need more SiIvaGunner
Lost The Lights
Hi again o/

[General]
  1. You could add Undertale to source, since it's a parody/remix from an Undertale song.
[Futsuu]
  1. 00:10:075 - We talked about this, make it dkd k
  2. 00:13:825 - ^
  3. 00:17:575 - ^
  4. 00:25:075 - ^ but this one can be kkd k
  5. Since the rest of the map is the same thing, just do the same. :p
[Muzukashii]
  1. 00:08:200 - I don't think you should miss this sound since it's muzu. Add a k.
  2. 00:10:544 - Add a d here for consistency with Futsuu, and since the pattern will be a little bit long, you can delete this 00:11:247 -
  3. 00:11:950 - Same as the first point.
  4. 00:14:294 - Add a d here too.
  5. 00:15:700 - First point.
  6. 00:18:044 - Same as second.
  7. 00:19:450 - First /o/
  8. 00:23:200 - ^
  9. 00:25:544 - Second point \o\
  10. 00:26:950 - First.
  11. Repeat for the 2nd half.
[Oni]
  1. 00:14:294 - Consistency with other diffs, add a d here.
  2. 00:29:528 - kkddk fits much better with the wubs.
  3. Apply for the 2nd half too.
[DROP THE FIRETRUCKING BASS]
  1. 00:18:278 - kkdkddk please
  2. 00:27:028 - d, consistency.
  3. 00:27:263 - Why is this one here? It shouldn't be. Remove it please.
  4. Apply for the 2nd half :p.
That's all, good luck! Have puns :^).
Izzywing
I am totally making a standard set for this song, it's amazing. Just figured I'd ask if I could map a few standard diffs for this set before I did that, otherwise I can just upload my own set.

I'd mod this if I could but no tako skills :(
Topic Starter
Stefan

Hobbes2 wrote:

I am totally making a standard set for this song, it's amazing. Just figured I'd ask if I could map a few standard diffs for this set before I did that, otherwise I can just upload my own set.

I'd mod this if I could but no tako skills :(
I can promise you that I will neglect you and your difficulties to 100% because of my stupid and irresponsible behaviour, so it'd be the best to upload it by yourself. But all of my good luck for your set! Hopefully our two sets gets ranked one day. :D

Applied to everything of LTL's mod, thanks bb
Midnaait
I smell a lack of 1/8 doubles :thinking:

:^)
Zetera
Welp, let's get this a step further, yes?

[General]

You might as well scale the HP like this: 8; 7.5; 7; 6.5 - similarly, you can scale the OD: 4; 4.5; 5; 5.5.

[Futsuu]

Obviously, this diff uses quite a number of finishers. If anything, that's what you could work on. I don't see any other issues worth discussing.
Specifically, I'd change finishers on the 3rd beat (00:08:669 (12) - , 00:12:419 -, etc. into normal hits. I know you're highlighting the high note, but a k does the job as well as a finisher. In turn, your difficulty will be more adequate. Additionally, I don't think you need these: 00:21:325 (39,40) - . They occur twice in this difficulty. These are consistent throughout all diffs, but at this point, with so many notes reduced, I feel like the meaning of the two circles that are left has gone and they just seem out of place. For all suggestions, I feel like removing the hitfinish should suffice.

[Muzukashii]

00:22:497 - and 00:44:997 - : These green lines can be removed.

I'd say that the finishers in this diff are fine, as opposed to the futsuu.

[Oni]

00:09:841 - I'd prefer kdk over kdd. kdd makes sense in this case, but it doesn't flow too well. Otherwise, I'd suggest using kkd.
Edit: I just noticed you were using it at 00:17:575 - anyways, so if you want to have a contrast between the two, that's fine and you can keep the
kdd.

00:27:888 - I don't think these 1/3s follow anything in the music. a 1/6 kddk would technically have more suitable emphasis. Accounts for both instances.

Let's talk about the diffname first. It makes sense to use the name, but it automatically suscepts the player to a filtered word, while there are options available that are less... offensive? For example, you could use "DROP IT HARD" as your diffname instead. "wub." is another option. Anything that doesn't contain the percolate is fine with me. You could also keep this diffname, but that would not be in my personal interest. By the way, the finishers that you're using in all diffs censor the actual lyrics fairly well!

00:27:888 - the 1/3 issue from the Oni diff applies here as well.

honestly, that's it. Good luck!
DeletedUser_6637817
Lazy ass mod lel.

[Futsuu]
I find this difficulty to be good overall, apart from just 00:21:325 (39,40) - these two finishers.
Unlike in the muzukashii (where theres 4 finishers for the vocals) It tries to represent the vocals with only 2 finishers in total.
This doesnt entirely work out and confused me as to why they are there until i looked at the muzukashii and saw the intention. I believe they fail to express it and could simply be unfinished so they match the beat instead.

[Muzukashii]
Finishers are good, i have some really personal suggestions though.

00:14:294 - I find removing this note makes the preceding finisher much more impactful as its followed by a break that such a strong sound would warrant and would be emphasized by.

00:22:497 - You should remove this, skims reduces filesize :think

Suggestions of course apply to repititions.

[Oni]
00:14:060 (39) - Seeing this mapped as a finisher and 00:14:763 (43) - this being unfinished (although being in a 1/4) makes me feel uncomfortable and doesnt let the second timestamp's note shine as much with its almost equal pronounciation it has in the music. The 1/4 emphasises it to an extent, yes, but its inconsistent and feels bad while playing. I suggest you either unfinish the 1st mention or somehow make them both finishers.

Applies to repition aswell.

[<#osu-ish filtered diffname xD>]
Maybe change the diffname to something different due to 'Firetruck' being very oftenly associated with the word 'fuck'? Im personally against that offensiveness if i am honest.

Suggest 5.5 OD Due to the 128 1/6 being equal to 192

00:25:544 (105) - why not a finisher? This is a snare drum which has so far has always been mapped as a finisher.
00:48:044 (224) - ^

00:55:075 (257,258,259) - is mapped the same as 00:53:200 (252,253,254) - although there is a kick lying on 00:55:310 (258) - which could be emphasized more properly. Try something that makes it clearer?

[Spread]
Spread is okay as far as my inexperienced self is concerned.
Inner SR is probably only broken cause of the 1/6 but thats it.
Oni and Inner are a bit far but thats allowed i suppose.

Gooood luck on this, looks really nice so far!
Topic Starter
Stefan
Zetera

Zetera wrote:

Welp, let's get this a step further, yes?

[General]

You might as well scale the HP like this: 8; 7.5; 7; 6.5 - similarly, you can scale the OD: 4; 4.5; 5; 5.5. mhmhmhm~ the current scalings looks fine for now.

[Futsuu]

Obviously, this diff uses quite a number of finishers. If anything, that's what you could work on. I don't see any other issues worth discussing.
Specifically, I'd change finishers on the 3rd beat (00:08:669 (12) - , 00:12:419 -, etc. into normal hits. I know you're highlighting the high note, but a k does the job as well as a finisher. In turn, your difficulty will be more adequate. Additionally, I don't think you need these: 00:21:325 (39,40) - . They occur twice in this difficulty. These are consistent throughout all diffs, but at this point, with so many notes reduced, I feel like the meaning of the two circles that are left has gone and they just seem out of place. For all suggestions, I feel like removing the hitfinish should suffice. Done. Buffed the futsuu slightly to provide some variety and a slight difficulty increase.

[Muzukashii]

00:22:497 - and 00:44:997 - : These green lines can be removed. Woops

I'd say that the finishers in this diff are fine, as opposed to the futsuu.

[Oni]

00:09:841 - I'd prefer kdk over kdd. kdd makes sense in this case, but it doesn't flow too well. Otherwise, I'd suggest using kkd.
Edit: I just noticed you were using it at 00:17:575 - anyways, so if you want to have a contrast between the two, that's fine and you can keep the
kdd. Preferably kkd may also work but I like kdd more.

00:27:888 - I don't think these 1/3s follow anything in the music. a 1/6 kddk would technically have more suitable emphasis. Accounts for both instances. Well.. 1/6 sounds too strong to me and would make the structure for what I use 1/6 in the last difficulty inconsistent. Changed to two simple kat notes.

Let's talk about the diffname first. It makes sense to use the name, but it automatically suscepts the player to a filtered word, while there are options available that are less... offensive? For example, you could use "DROP IT HARD" as your diffname instead. "wub." is another option. Anything that doesn't contain the percolate is fine with me. You could also keep this diffname, but that would not be in my personal interest. By the way, the finishers that you're using in all diffs censor the actual lyrics fairly well!

00:27:888 - the 1/3 issue from the Oni diff applies here as well. ~

honestly, that's it. Good luck!

Nepuri

Nepuri wrote:

Lazy ass mod lel.

[Futsuu]
I find this difficulty to be good overall, apart from just 00:21:325 (39,40) - these two finishers.
Unlike in the muzukashii (where theres 4 finishers for the vocals) It tries to represent the vocals with only 2 finishers in total.
This doesnt entirely work out and confused me as to why they are there until i looked at the muzukashii and saw the intention. I believe they fail to express it and could simply be unfinished so they match the beat instead. Done.

[Muzukashii]
Finishers are good, i have some really personal suggestions though.

00:14:294 - I find removing this note makes the preceding finisher much more impactful as its followed by a break that such a strong sound would warrant and would be emphasized by. Sounds right to me, removed.

00:22:497 - You should remove this, skims reduces filesize :think please

Suggestions of course apply to repititions.

[Oni]
00:14:060 (39) - Seeing this mapped as a finisher and 00:14:763 (43) - this being unfinished (although being in a 1/4) makes me feel uncomfortable and doesnt let the second timestamp's note shine as much with its almost equal pronounciation it has in the music. The 1/4 emphasises it to an extent, yes, but its inconsistent and feels bad while playing. I suggest you either unfinish the 1st mention or somehow make them both finishers. Removed finisher from 00:14:060 (39) - .

Applies to repition aswell.

[<#osu-ish filtered diffname xD>]
Maybe change the diffname to something different due to 'Firetruck' being very oftenly associated with the word 'fuck'? Im personally against that offensiveness if i am honest. Oh dear.. I will consider a change if a 3rd person is mentioning that.

Suggest 5.5 OD Due to the 128 1/6 being equal to 192 aye

00:25:544 (105) - why not a finisher? This is a snare drum which has so far has always been mapped as a finisher.
00:48:044 (224) - ^ Noticed that while doing consistency changes.

00:55:075 (257,258,259) - is mapped the same as 00:53:200 (252,253,254) - although there is a kick lying on 00:55:310 (258) - which could be emphasized more properly. Try something that makes it clearer? Removed 00:55:075 (255) - so d usage on 00:55:310 (256) - is more appropriate now.

[Spread]
Spread is okay as far as my inexperienced self is concerned.
Inner SR is probably only broken cause of the 1/6 but thats it.
Oni and Inner are a bit far but thats allowed i suppose.

Gooood luck on this, looks really nice so far!

o/
Topic Starter
Stefan
  1. Changed SV of Oni to 1.60x.
  2. Changed the SV setup of 00:21:091 - 00:22:732 - / 00:43:591 - 00:45:232 - for Oni from 0.02x jumps to 0.04x. I made this change to give the whole difficulty a decent portion of emphasis and make it look a bit faster.
  3. Changed 00:23:200 (76,77,78) - / 00:45:700 (173,174,175) - to kdd in Oni, sounds better.
  4. You all knew it would come to this day: Renamed DROP THE FIRETRUCKING BASS to Taikovic.
  5. Added some rest phases for Muzukashii due the lack of rest phases (there were none)
  6. Made some lenght adjustment and split some really long combo chains and it should be easier now.
  7. Made 1/6 usage and pattern more consistent in Taikovic.
DeletedUser_6637817
Quick bonk

00:00:232 - add some stuff in spots like this in oni/top diff to show some spread progression?

00:22:732 - Also shorten kiais to here, waiting till the next wub for that feels weird
Topic Starter
Stefan

Nepuri wrote:

Quick bonk

00:00:232 - add some stuff in spots like this in oni/top diff to show some spread progression?

00:22:732 - Also shorten kiais to here, waiting till the next wub for that feels weird
Applied to both points (last one was only necessary for Taikovic, i suc)
DeletedUser_6637817
Drop the Hotdog, not the Beat

Bubbled!
Surono
underdem muss look ye, lol that yt in the description

really love with taikovic diff, mapped as the intensity of song then cool (includes helyeh svs) <3 and spread of this set is good! muzukashii has 2 minibreaks while 1/2 are long mapped. nothing i can point out, good luck
Topic Starter
Stefan
8-)