forum

[Archived] Osu! Star Graphics Glitch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KorokMakar
Problem Details:

After starting the game and selecting a song I experience a really weird glitch that only started after the last update. When I start a song and there should be the usual stars coming out of the cursor, giant white squares appear instead. This only happens during songs. Also when I get a streak on a song, where the stars normally shoot out from the sides of the screen, big squares come out, covering up half the screen. I have no idea what this is or why it's doing it. I have searched the forum for this problem and can't find it anywhere. No other glitches occur anywhere else in the game. Could someone please help?

UPDATE: I have discovered that this only happens with some songs, not all.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
That sounds like the skin is messed up. Do you have "Ignore all beatmap skins" enabled in the options? Does it happen with the default skin?
Pawsu

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

That sounds like the skin is messed up. Do you have "Ignore all beatmap skins" enabled in the options? Does it happen with the default skin?
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. Try with default and see if that does anything.
Topic Starter
KorokMakar
I was using the original skin. This is what confused me because I knew about skin glitches.