forum

Newbie Game 14: Flavorless Mafia [Game Over]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zexion

Newbie Game 14: Matrix6

This game has absolutely no flavor. It's like water, totally insipid. But it also tells the tale of a town were nothing had any flavor...

Setup: Matrix6
This is the standard newbie setup, specially for people who want to try mafia for the first time without crazy roles. Everyone is welcome!

Alive
Sakura, Vanilla Townie, survived and won!
-[Jess]-, Vanilla Townie, survived and won!
Tsukasa, Town Cop, survived and won!
beeboy123, Vanilla Townie, survived and won!
Frostings, Vanilla Townie, survived and won!
GuyInFreezer, Town Doctor, survived and won!

Dead w/ flips
Navizel, Mafia Goon, lynched Day 1.
Zaphkael, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 1.
- Magic Bomb -, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched Day 2.

Mod QT

Topic Starter
Zexion
Game Rules

(Property of Amianki™, taken without permission as usual)

General
1.1) All site rules apply. Be familiar with them before playing.
1.2) Unless your role PM says otherwise, you are not allowed to talk about the game outside of the thread.
1.3) Quoting any PM from the moderator will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing is usually acceptable.
1.4) You are not alllowed to talk about on-going mafia games under any circumstances.
1.5) This is a game and strong language/tones are possible. As long as it remains civil, it is acceptable. Personal grudges or harassment (sexist, homophobic, racist, etc.) is not acceptable. The first offense will result in a warning, while the second will result in a force replace.

Game Mechanics
2.1) All votes must be bolded. Votes without this format will be ignored.
[b]Vote: Player[/b]
2.2) Votes within quote or spoiler tags will be ignored.
2.3) It is recommended to use a player's full name for votes, but it is acceptable to shorten it as long as it doesn't cause confusion. Any ambiguous votes will be ignored.
2.4) Unvoting is recommended for changing your vote, but not required. The exceptions are when you aren't placing another vote or if you have a multiple voting ability.
2.5) A lynch will be achieved when 50%+1 of the player list has their vote on a single person. Once that threshold is reached, the game enters twilight and no more votes will count for the day. No lynch votes require only 50% of the player list to go through.
2.6) During twilight players and the lynchee are still allowed to talk, but as stated in 2.5 there will be no more votes. Twilight ends as soon as the mod posts the lynch scene.
2.7) You are allowed a single post in the thread once you are dead. (Namely, a "Bah!" post) This post must not contain any game-relevant information.
2.8) If deadline is reached without anyone ever hitting the lynch threshold, then a lynch will only occur if someone is at one vote below the lynch threshold. If multiple, then the first one to hit it will be lynched. Anything else below that will lead to No Lynch.
2.9) If you have a night action, it can be changed as many times as you want as long its still within the deadline the mod has given. Anything after that will have no effect.

Activity and Deadlines
3.1) Do your best to stay active. This game is a commitment.
3.2) If you do not post in the thread for 24 hours, you are eligable for a prod PM. Players may request a prod if another player hasn't posted in that time.
3.3) If a player has to be prodded 3 times in a day, or 4 times total across the game, they may be force-replaced.
3.4) Players have 24 hours after recieving a prod to open the PM. After this threshold has passed, I will begin looking for a replacement.
3.5) If you will be gone for an extended period of time, you may post your V/LA in bold. The Prod Timer will be ignored for the duration and will be reset once it is over. V/LAs should not be longer than half of a day phase if you will have no access.
3.6) If you have to be gone for a significant amount of time, you will most likely be replaced. Finding your own replacement is appreciated, but not strictly required.
3.7) Deadlines will be days equal to the amount of players left alive, with a minimum of five days.
3.8) Nights will have a 36 hour deadline, plus about 2 hours depending on where it ends to allow the mod to resolve actions correctly. Failure to submit an action will result in you doing nothing for the night.
3.9) Deadlines for both day and night may be extended depending on the circumstances. While night deadlines will only be extended due to replacement issues, day deadlines are more flexible. Replacements are most likely to be the cause of a day's deadline extending, but aren't necessarily the only possible cause.

Miscellaneous
4.1) Do not post in blue. This is the moderator's color. Any other color is fair game as long as it doesn't detract from the game's readability.
4.2) I will do my best to post vote counts at least once a day. Depending on the activity level, I will post vote counts either more or less often. If you request a vote count, I will provide one at the next opportunity.
4.3) Do not post cryptography, codes, invisible text, or small text.
4.4) Editing your post is grounds for an immediate modkill. Don't do it. PLEASE DON'T DO IT.
4.5) All story flavor is completely game-irrelevant.
4.7) If a vote count is incorrect, let me know and I'll correct it when I have time.
4.8) Feel free to PM me if something in the game or ruleset is unclear.
4.9) Loopholes do not exist. Use common sense. If something sounds like it would be against the rules and isn't listed here, chances are you will still be punished for it. See rule 4.8 if you're unsure.
4.10) I reserve the right to modify the ruleset as needed. If this happens, you will be notified in thread.
Topic Starter
Zexion
This is a semi-open setup based on 6 possible combinations, based on the following matrix:

After singups and before the game starts, I will choose randomly one of {A,B,C,1,2,3} and that will select which roles will appear, and after that it will be filled with Vanilla Townies and a Mafia Goon until we have a 7 town, 2 scum setup. The assignation of roles will be totallly randomized as well. (Meaning, I don't get to choose anything by myself).

Some role stuff that might happen: (taken from the wiki)
  1. The Mafia Roleblocker is allowed to both submit the nightkill and perform his Roleblocker action. In addition, the Roleblocker is stated to resolve before the Jailkeeper. This only matters in the case where the Roleblocker and Jailkeeper target one another, and even in this case only matters if the Roleblocker was also going to submit the kill (the end result being that the kill will not be jailed).
  2. The Bulletproof Townie's bulletproof cannot be roleblocked, as it is a reflexive action.
------------------------------------------------------

Sample PM's:

Welcome to Newbie Game 14, <PlayerName>!

You are a Vanilla Townie. You will try to preserve this town to be totally flavor-free.

Abilities:
  1. During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
Win Condition:
  1. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting in the thread when the mod tells to do so.

You are a Town Cop. You will try to preserve this town to be totally flavor-free.

Abilities:
  2. During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive "You believe <PlayerName> to be GUILTY" if that player is aligned with the Mafia. You will receive "You believe <PlayerName> to be NOT GUILTY" if that player is not aligned with the Mafia. You will receive "No result" if your investigation failed.
Win Condition:
  1. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting in the thread when the mod tells to do so.

You are a Town Doctor. You will try to preserve this town to be totally flavor-free.

Abilities:
  2. During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be protected from being killed for that Night.
Win Condition:

You are a Town Jailkeeper. You will try to preserve this town to be totally flavor-free.

Abilities:
  2. During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be unable to use his/her ability (if he/she has one), aka Roleblocked. This player will also be immune to nightkills for that Night.
Win Condition:

You are a 1-shot Bulletproof Townie. You will try to preserve this town to be totally flavor-free.

Abilities:
  2. Due to your bulletproof vest, you cannot be nightkilled the first night you are targeted, but you will be vunerable afterwards. You will not be told when this happens.
Win Condition:

You are a Town Tracker. You will try to preserve this town to be totally flavor-free.

Abilities:
  2. During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of the name of anyone that player targeted during that Night, if any.
Win Condition:

You are a Mafia Goon. Your mission is to bring flavor to this boring town by eliminating all it's flavorless inhabitants.

Abilities:
  2. Factional Kill: The Mafia may kill one player per Night, one of the members of this faction must perform the kill.
  3. Factional Communication: Your partner is <PartnerName>, the Mafia <Goon/Roleblocker> you can speak with him/her at your Mafia QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
Win Condition:
  1. You win when your faction controls 50% of the avaliable votes, or nothing can prevent that from happening.

You are a Mafia Roleblocker. Your mission is to bring flavor to this boring town by eliminating all it's flavorless inhabitants.

Abilities:
  2. During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be unable to use his/her ability (if he/she has one).
  3. Factional Kill: The Mafia may kill one player per Night, one of the members of this faction must perform the kill.
  4. Factional Communication: Your partner is <PartnerName>, you can speak with him/her at your Mafia QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
Win Condition:
  1. You win when your faction controls 50% of the avaliable votes, or nothing can prevent that from happening.
Sakura
/in
metal sonic1
/in
Aomi
yeah i don't think choosing greatest idea for my first game was a very good idea lol

/in
Navizel
meme
Navizel
/replace
Zaphkael
Aomi, my first game was the eleventh hour, that was also pretty bad xd

OT
/in :3
-[Jess]-
/in
metal sonic1
don't shit yourself. these so called "newbie" games are the hardest games.
metal sonic1
in role madness like greatest idea, its easier to lose as town but its not sad

in vanilla games like these you'll use a lot of brains

just a disclaimer
MBomb
/in
Topic Starter
Zexion

metal sonic1 wrote:

in role madness like greatest idea, its easier to lose as town but its not sad

in vanilla games like these you'll use a lot of brains

just a disclaimer
True, but without swingy roles, you get a mafia game that's much simpler to understand AND newbie friendly.
beeboy123
/in
beeboy123
/out I made a mistake I don't actually have time for another game >.>
Zaphkael

Zexion wrote:

Old Flavorless Mafia

Zexion wrote:

All story flavor is completely game-irrelevant.
This.

U sure beebop? Inspectorscout will haunt you ;)
Topic Starter
Zexion
Come on people, it will be fun! Invite everyone!
Sakura
Either
1) People aren't availaible for this anyway or
2) People don't like this setup as much and/or dont find it fun.
Tsukasa
/in

*cough*
show more