forum

osu!leagues - an alternative ranking system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
arihosu

osu!leagues

osu!leagues groups osu! players into leagues based on their performance points (PP). This way players can experience a less overwhelming ranking experience. Players can also search through a list of songs for their specific league providing a nice way to farm PP.

Leagues

Unranked (up to 600pp)
Wood (up to 1200pp)
Bronze (up to 2000pp)
Silver (up to 3000pp)
Gold (up to 4000pp)
Platinum (up to 5500pp)
Diamond (up to 7400pp)
Master (up to 9000pp)
Challenger (up to infinity)

Each league shows 50 songs (ordered by PP) based on the top scores from all players of that league. The player with the most PP (i.e rank #1 of the league) won't necessarily have the best scores, so you can have the top score even if your position in the league is rather low.

Please let me know if you think leagues are unbalanced, especially for modes other than standard (taiko, ctb, mania) which usually have a different skill threshold.

Site - dead

Supreme
Seems quite nice dude, keep it up
Stefan
Moved to the right place.
Axon
Oooo, sounds exciting.
Jukkii
Personally just no.
This is based off of the normal ranking system so it doesnt change anything and is just as bad or good as you think the normal ranking system is.
It also just doesnt fit a rhythm game imo
But top 10 scores by leaque sounds interesting but theres offline players so i dunno how thatd work as its meant to work
Topic Starter
arihosu

Stefan wrote:

Oh, no, this was definitely not a feature request. Like Jukke pointed out, it doesn't fit as the primary ranking system for this game.
This was just a little project I had for a while because I used to go to the profile of the 1 person above me and try to beat their top scores to farm PP. My site makes it a little more dynamic.

-Jukke- wrote:

But top 10 scores by leaque sounds interesting but theres offline players so i dunno how thatd work as its meant to work
What do you mean by offline people? Top maps are taken from the people in the league, and because you have to voluntarily enter your username, you can assume that they're active users.
SkullFull
Silver III, damn.
ItzJJmk2

Stefan wrote:

This doesn't really look like a feature request, looks more like it should be in "Development"
Arihosu is just pointing out some sick website thing they made featuring a third party osu! ranking system.

Besides that, this is really cool! A little upsetting to see that I'm only bronze 3 though... :o lol
Endaris
Everything below 2000pp in Taiko should be Wood because even the easiest Kantan-diffs already give you 50pp for SS.

Aside from that I agree that this should go back to Development as it is something you developed, not something you request. If it was a request it would get marked as a duplicate anyway.
abraker
Endaris
Very funny abraker.
abraker

Endaris wrote:

Very funny abraker.
Well hey, that's how things are done in this subforum, imarite?
Endaris
No, you don't read only the threadtitle, you also read the OP.
Seijiro
Moved
Rurree
Major I? I don't know what that is but that's where I'm at.
karterfreak
Neat

I'd personally say 5500pp for major is a little low for taiko though :p
Yuudachi-kun

Rurree wrote:

Major I? I don't know what that is but that's where I'm at.

Same
Topic Starter
arihosu
Major is a placeholder for leagues of 5500pp+, I should've tried to come up with something for those leagues but I thought people at that level wouldn't find the site useful. Anyway, I'll think of something soon.

Also, I don't play modes other than Standard, if anybody wants to waste time to build a better league structure I could definitely use it.
VeilStar
Perhaps exclude inactive players from being put into a league? :p
HappyRocket88
WAO!!! THIS IS REALLY COOL! >w<)/

Congratulations!
show more