forum

[Archived] fps capping problem, and vsync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tekofficial
when i put capping to unlimited it makes menu fps to 240 and in game to 59hz (not even fps anymore)

and vsync dossent help that much, in mania i get ghosts / clipping behind notes, when i dont use it notes show 3-4 times, but with vsync they show 2-3 times, so i just dont use it to get lower delays

win10
osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
I'm not 100% sure what your problem is?

The menus are locked to 240fps and the 59hz won't go any higher unless you have a monitor that supports it.

You say the notes ghost, You might be explaining screen tearing which happens when you run at a higher framerate your monitor can refresh.
Nothing you can do about it honestly.
Topic Starter
tekofficial

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I'm not 100% sure what your problem is?
The menus are locked to 240fps and the 59hz won't go any higher unless you have a monitor that supports it.
You say the notes ghost, You might be explaining screen tearing which happens when you run at a higher framerate your monitor can refresh.
Nothing you can do about it honestly.

Well it cant be tearing cus its just as bad with vsync on, and that its not like tearing at all, not like a single tear, its every single object on the screen. Almost like the screen saves the frame, makes it 50% transparent and then show it together with the next frame. I tried to capture it as best as i could, using a high speed camera / iphones slow-mo mode, and that is what it looked like.

Also the delay with vsync on compared to off is such a big difference that it feels like a few hundred milliseconds, meaning its completely unplayable for some one who dont understand how the offset wizard works / cant get it to work, or gotten used to no sync/cap.