forum

Allow different slidertick rate for a new timing section

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +267
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
*** Might want to add that by "new timing section" i mean "new uninherited timing section".

This is actually a re-request of a ooooooold topic that was forgotten, it seems:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4694&hilit=slider+tick+rate
(read carefully, it wasn't really rejected)

Point is: slidertick rate should be relative for the single timing section, not absolute for the whole mapset.
This would solve a looooot of problems with songs switching between /3 and /4 divisors, make "hold sliders" look like they were some time ago (with no ticks) if needed for gameplay and (maybe) give a bit more variety if used reasonably.

inb4abuse and whatever
ouranhshc
I'm assuming red timing sections. I support this, but how often do songs come across that have changing time signatures (I'm not trying to be negative, I'm not just curious)
RandomJibberish
I agree on principle, but don't think it should be added due to abuse potential - I use sliderticks to read speed changes, and the way hold sliders have more ticks means they are at least slightly less disorientating and horrible. I'd much rather grit my teeth and set tick one now and again than return to having to deal with speed changes the "old" way.
EvianBubble
There have been so many occasions where I wanted this

+1 support
Shohei Ohtani
This has uses, and if it's abused, then tell them to unabuse that crap.

+Support.
Soaprman
I've wanted this before. I've seen maps that can benefit from it. Support for sure.

Also, any feature has potential for abuse. That's why we have our friendly BAT members to point out when we've gone overboard! It'll be fine.
OzzyOzrock

RandomJibberish wrote:

I agree on principle, but don't think it should be added due to abuse potential - I use sliderticks to read speed changes
This. I just hope it isn't abused orz.

+support
Xgor
Had this request idea for a while, and I want this so much.

Especially when there is songs that switches between 1/4 and 1/3

There is also stuff where the song asks for it too.
Rukario

Xgor wrote:

Had this request idea for a while, and I want this so much.

Especially when there is songs that switches between 1/4 and 1/3

There is also stuff where the song asks for it too.
Oh yes, I've thought about this too. Already had some problems because of this.

support
RandomJibberish

CDFA wrote:

This has uses, and if it's abused, then tell them to unabuse that crap.

+Support.
Oh, I wish I had time to mod every map

Srsly, shit slips through the radar so easily that you can't really "hope it doesn't get abused" lol
HakuNoKaemi
+Support

with this people won't need to silence tick's
mm201

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

with this people won't need to silence tick's
Case & point.
Andrea
I totally support this.

Some people may be say that this would be abused, but in case we can let the mapper to don't do it, am I right? :P
NatsumeRin
support.
this idea would make the maps more nature, since different patterns need different tick rates to fit in. though maybe just sometimes, but it's obviously an useful feature.
Kite
+Support
Dai
support
Luna
support
It would also be nice to have AIMod show if this has been used in the map (something like "change of tick rate" in the Style tab). That would make it much easier for modders to find possible abuse since it's way easier to overlook something small like this in the Timing Setup Panel~
mm201
Or it could just prevent you from uploading the map. That would stop abuse!
silklash
+support~
Alace
let`s try new voting system
show more