forum

need help with a map i cant upload?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ongon
so I've finished making my first mania beatmap and its pretty got for my standards. but there is one issue, I made it as a new file on a beatmap someone elce had already created and I don't have the song downloaded on my computer to make another folder to put it in. does anyone know how to fix this cause I really want to upload this beatmap.
Endaris
When in the editor go
File -> Open Song Folder
There you can find the mp3 the map used. Copy that mp3 to your desktop and drop it in the editor.
Enter Metadata, place one note and save it, then go File -> Open Song Folder there as well. Then leave the editor(!)
Open the .osu-file of your difficulty in the old folder within Notepad. Copy everything below the [Difficulty]-line.
Open the .osu-file of your fresh difficulty in the new folder within Notepad. Mark everything below the [Difficulty]-line and replace it with the stuff you copied before.
Save the file in notepad and close notepad. Restart osu!. Now your newly created map should contain your difficulty.
Make sure you credit the original map within your submission-message.
Topic Starter
ongon
Sorry but I got another problem. It's saying that "this beatmap your trying to upload isn't yours" how do I fix this if you know how.
Endaris
Did you actually make sure that you didn't copy the Metadata of the old difficulty? (that's why I told you to only copy stuff below the [Difficulty]-line)
If you copied the old metadata it will still assume that you're not the original creator.

Anyway, you can follow these instructions to be able to submit your map: t/325639
Topic Starter
ongon
Well I followed every step but I don't know how to open the SubmissionCache in the .osu installer
Endaris
The submission cache step is only necessary when an error occured during the upload.
Try to skip it and see whether it works out.
Bara-
The submissioncache folder is a hidden folder in the data folder (which also is hidden) which is located in the mainfolder. Just searching for 'Submissioncache' in the main osu folder will likely find it
Topic Starter
ongon
So apparently every time I try to submit the beatmap and I know i have done all the corrections right now, it still sais that the beatmap isn't mine and it just reverts the beatmapID back to the originals instead of the 0 and -1 which I input and saved.
Bara-
Does the map's folder name start with a number?
Azinlen
del