forum

Osu Insane Map with OD:5?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
managMent
Hello,
I'm pretty far with a beatmap im building right now. Even though every circle is placed perfectly in rythim and sound, it didnt feel right when playing it.
It had ~3.8 stars (growing the more I build)
I tried putting OD from 6 to 5, and the problem was gone. The map finally felt perfect. But while researching, I found no Insane maps which had an OD of 6, and no hard which had a 5.
So I was questioning is the OD the cause of the "bad feeling" or is it something else? I checked over and over and the circles are NOT mistimed.
Metaku
OD shouldn't affect how the map feels when playing it as it only affects the hit window of the notes... Also for an Insane diff OD 6 is still kinda low and you should probably be using at least 7 in most cases,might be an offset issue idk. You could upload the map and ask someone to help you.

Edit: Nevermind actually if it's fixed but still I can't see how OD would affect how the map feels when playing unless the hitwindows for notes overlap
(t/334458)
Endaris
low OD has absolutely no effect on how beatmaps play. The only things it can cause are issues (=notelock).
The only thing people may dislike about high OD is seeing how poor their accuracy is because the judgement is tougher.
So generally speaking you should rather use OD6 (or higher) for any Insane-difficulties. Depends on the song too.
Topic Starter
managMent
Well found my problem. A friend suggested me to put my Ar on 8.5 and OD on 6.5. Now its a lot better.
Bara-
Were you sure the timing is right?
OD shouldn't influence playability of the map in anyway (besides Notelocking, as Metaku said)
Azinlen
del