forum

[Archived] The game crashes after i press a key

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mihaugoku
Problem Details:
Well this happened randomly. I was about to play some osu!, when after trying to say "hi" to chat, the game froze just as i pressed H key. The game kept freezing and then crashing whenever i pressed a key, and i was angry. I tried reinstalling the game, but with the same result. I tried the fallback version, but there the game stops responding after pressing a key, but returns to normal after i spam the ESC a bit. It might be a problem with .NET Framework, but i don't know. I tried to repair it but nothing seems to work.

Note: puush started crashing too. Those are the only 2 things that just stopped working for some reason.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://gyazo.com/b1c03c7130eae43613ef7d6836209499

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Topic Starter
Mihaugoku
Also the game crashes ONLY when trying to type in the boxes - binding the keys or random keytapping works. Also i can play.
I can't log in to the game since i can't type in the username or password.
non one c
If puush crashes to try reinstall .NET framework.
Must be a problem of it.
Topic Starter
Mihaugoku
I just reinstalled .NET Framework and osu!, restarted the computer and it seems to work just fine!

I lost all maps/skins in the progress, so that sucks, but other than that, it's looking good!
Lacrimosa

Mihaugoku wrote:

I lost all maps/skins in the progress, so that sucks, but other than that, it's looking good!
Well, you could have kept a backup folder to avoid this.
non one c
Glad it helped!
Topic Starter
Mihaugoku
Aaand happened again. I think it's a temporary error that occurs randomly for me.