forum

[Archived] no pp gain?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lunicia
i fc'ed cold green eyes but i didnt gain any pp. i also tried playing another map to update, but i dont think that worked either. in the top ranks in my profile, it shows the play being my second top play, weighted 119 pp, but i didn't gain 119 pp. i need dat pp ;-; i might have not looked far enough for the solution yet tho ;-; also this isnt a problem with the score not submitting, the score is submitted but the pp was not given to me

http://puu.sh/pzUJ6/17f58368dd.jpg

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Outline
That means that weighting of another song went down some. Just because it's weighted 119 doesn't mean you'll get 119.
Topic Starter
Lunicia
wut does that mean? total weight is 125 and i had it weighed 95% which was 119. after i played another map to update it, i gained around 1000 ranks but i think that was the map i just played and not cold green eyes
Outline

Xendogenesis wrote:

wut does that mean? total weight is 125 and i had it weighed 95% which was 119. after i played another map to update it, i gained around 1000 ranks but i think that was the map i just played and not cold green eyes

How well did you do on the map? Did you beat your old score on the map?
Topic Starter
Lunicia
I fced it, and my score was 6,000,000 while my old score was only 2,000,000
Outline

Xendogenesis wrote:

Then on cold green eyes wasn't worth enough pp for it to be weighted significantly and the other plays lost weighting to balance it out, or the same would go for the map you just did. They might have both contributed to pp if that's possible? In the end I believe it's just a matter of weighting and you can't do anything about it unless you did better overall or used mods.
Topic Starter
Lunicia

Outline wrote:

Xendogenesis wrote:

Then on cold green eyes wasn't worth enough pp for it to be weighted significantly and the other plays lost weighting to balance it out, or the same would go for the map you just did. They might have both contributed to pp if that's possible? In the end I believe it's just a matter of weighting and you can't do anything about it unless you did better overall or used mods.
rip. i thought i hit the pp jackpot ;-; must play more
Scarlet Evans
I checked your other recent top PP scores. Is this second song, after which your PP was updated, a Goose house - Hikaru nara [Mikii's Insane]?

I did a quick math and with assumption that you can have about 1k of PP-granting scores, the second score probably gave you around 3 PP increase, in comparison to what you had before. Which is too low for 1000 ranks. However, Cold Eyes probably increased your total PP by around 35 PP, so I suppose this is when the score was updated.

How fast did you clicked [Escape] key after getting the score? Sometimes, if I click Escape too fast, the score and rank in-game is not updated immediately, maybe this is the reason? :)
Topic Starter
Lunicia

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I checked your other recent top PP scores. Is this second song, after which your PP was updated, a Goose house - Hikaru nara [Mikii's Insane]?

I did a quick math and with assumption that you can have about 1k of PP-granting scores, the second score probably gave you around 3 PP increase, in comparison to what you had before. Which is too low for 1000 ranks. However, Cold Eyes probably increased your total PP by around 35 PP, so I suppose this is when the score was updated.

How fast did you clicked [Escape] key after getting the score? Sometimes, if I click Escape too fast, the score and rank in-game is not updated immediately, maybe this is the reason? :)
No, the second song i played was CHiCO with HoneyWorks - color [Waiting in the Rain] and i dont remember how fast i clicked escape because i was so excited :/