forum

[Archived] Rank question?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Scarose
Problem Details:

In the help section, it says that it is unlikely that you drop ranks when you complete songs, but I notice that I do lose ranks sometimes.
I also saw a video saying someone messing up on a song at the end made them lose ranks? (If I'm not mistaken)
If I don't do anything for a few days, yes I lose some ranks, but sometimes I drop a lot of ranks, about 600, when I complete a song sometimes..?
I S'd a normal song at 95% with HR + DT, but I lost 600-ish ranks. But when I SS them, I gain +3970.
I also got 97% on a song, no mods, but still lost ranks..is there something I'm missing here?

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
24/7 People are playing and gaining PP and Ranks and passing you, This is why lose ranks. Your rank just updates every time you finish a song.
VeilStar

Scarose wrote:

In the help section, it says that it is unlikely that you drop ranks when you complete songs
Where exactly does it say that?
Topic Starter
Scarose
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/FAQ#I_played_a_ ... much_pp.3F

" In reality, this most likely happened not because you lost pp, but because other players gained pp, either while you were busy playing the map, or while you were busy doing other things. "

I know that this happens, but it just seems so strange that the last few songs I completed with S I consistently lost a lot of ranks up until I got a few SS's.
VeilStar
The in-game rank display can derp out sometimes and 'forget' that you gained ranks untill your rank gets updated again, so that may or may not have happened back then. Other than that though, accuracy plays a fairly big role when it comes to getting pp, especially the higher the OD is. The maps you had S plays on might have not been worth any pp to you, while your SS plays might have. There can be a variety of reasons for that to happen, really.
Topic Starter
Scarose
I see, thank you for a clear answer, that makes sense!