forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Minor Issue with CWC 2016 Support Banner

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MightyDJ
Problem Details:
Fail at editing? (that white line in the pic)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://prnt.sc/b9vlyk

osu! version: 20160525.3cuttingedge
MarbleStarry
It looks like banner is fine. The problem is caused by osu!supporter badge instead.
Bara-
Wondering if the same happened with the other world cups
DarkStoorM
The banner is fine, that's just wrong height of osu!supporter element.
The original object has height of 12pixels and a width of 80 pixels, but osu!supporter icon dimensions are 80px x 8px (the supporter image is 68 pixels high, no idea why is that, should be 8px, looks like there is some necessary background in the supporter image).

/EDIT/ it's just a padding and positioning problem of the supporter element. My bad, the dimensions are fine.

So yeah, it should look like this:

after changing to this:
fix
.profileSupporter {
display: inline-block;
height: 12px;
width: 80px;
padding: 0 5px;
background: url("/images/supporter.png");
background-position: top center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
position: relative;
top: -5px;

}

Works on Firefox and Chrome at least. Should be fine after this.

Anyway, we are moving to osu!next so I don't think it's a big of an issue :D
VeilStar
Thanks for reporting. I'll confirm for as long as the CWC banners are up (and this issue exists) but don't hold your breath waiting for this to be fixed as I don't think this is going to get fixed given that it's such a minor issue with a temporary addition on a website that's not going to be replaced soon(ish).
Lacrimosa
There is no need to keep having this as confirmed, since the event is over. What do you think?

We could revive it, if the same happens with osu!mania 4K World Cup banners, but I doubt it.
peppy
I've fixed this in case it comes up in future tournament banners. Thanks for pointing it out.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix profile supporter tag padding being incorrect (visible when tournament banners are present). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20160805.3.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.