forum

[resolved] Osu will not launch, Crash on startup

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PurpleCow
Problem Details: Osu will not launch at all, it crashes the instant that the updater window opens. The osu repair thing also crashes in the same way. I have attempted reinstalling the game from scratch and updating my drivers. No logs are produced or edited as they are all dated from the last time i opened the game successfully. I am using windows 10 if that is of any help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160518.1cuttingedge
Lacrimosa
Have you tried using compatibility mode? Hold Shift while launching the game until osu! configuration window pops up. There enable the "Compatibility Mode" option.
Topic Starter
PurpleCow
I tried that earlier and it didn't work, probably because it crashes too quickly. There isn't any time that the launcher window is open that the game isn't already crashed
VeilStar
Something on your end is causing it to instantly crash. There'll probably be a log of some sorts in the event viewer. Have a look at that.
Topic Starter
PurpleCow
I have turned my pc on this morning and it suddenly seems to be working completely fine. These are the errors I found in the event viewer from when I was attempting to launch osu if it shows what the issue was at all.

Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.GetFileAttributesEx(System.String, Int32, WIN32_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DATA ByRef)
at System.IO.File.FillAttributeInfo(System.String, WIN32_FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DATA ByRef, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalExists(System.String, Int32 ByRef)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalExists(System.String)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(System.String, System.String, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(System.String, Boolean)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(System.String)
at #=qfeqm8l3W1$TyeRs0nt80oWwYuNijpSsRIB9qbRhbhpA=.#=qBRI2YScbQ7j3Zy$6$C$kVFk3OKBcvgJD6UONzDG2Q4g=()
at #=qfeqm8l3W1$TyeRs0nt80oWwYuNijpSsRIB9qbRhbhpA=+#=qOB9O4wTw7QrlSbL4UAGOReaATxOzGQVnGOdv7Nkd7Qg=.#=qisZWKx12Wf4C7giiatsyPg==()
at #=qyOkr6htexQj0PFYLUJbT2Y_H5Ta2M4bL_rxi13C7IK0=.#=qOBBZsIvJgB$7FG4Nle8w9Q==()
at #=q3DKirZx5yn83QLSuSwGJWG8Uf7pss4O7GWxnZiwy_ki2nYo9asYQv0kC5E72wH43+#=qpalyQ5HKJYuopwoB838Gx4uNei5mX8hLse_CztT9HgY=.#=qZhsjxfON$R12iiT7uRpczA==()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

and

Faulting application name: osu!.exe, version: 1.3.3.7, time stamp: 0x5729bdb8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571afb9a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000af12a
Faulting process ID: 0xf30
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1b53ae0e58984
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\osu!\osu!.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 30a71e28-9fcf-48eb-bf24-0490afed00f4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
VeilStar

PurpleCox wrote:

These are the errors I found in the event viewer from when I was attempting to launch osu if it shows what the issue was at all.
Sounds like your .NET framework or something on your OS was/is screwed or screwed up. If it happens again try reinstalling the.NET framework.