forum

[Archived] FPS counter disappearing in gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NekoHaxor
Problem Details:
My FPS counter disappears after a few seconds into gameplay, I don't believe that this is intentional since it ruins the point of the FPS counter, at least in my opinion.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://imgur.com/a/3D40R
RIP +1 to playcount that it took to get these.

osu! version: 20160504.1 (latest)
Lacrimosa
That's intended and as far as I know there is no option to prevent it from disappearing. It appears again on breaks though.
VeilStar
This is indeed intended, as long as your framerate remains stable it won't pop up again as it's, well, stable. The frametime is still visible, and you can deduce your framerate by that as 1000/frametime=framerate.

If you want an actual framerate counter that stays on-screen at all times I'd suggest using something like Fraps, Dxtory, or MSI Afterburner to do that.
Topic Starter
NekoHaxor

VeilStar wrote:

This is indeed intended, as long as your framerate remains stable it won't pop up again as it's, well, stable.
One of the reasons why I wrote the post was that whenever my framerate dips, I look at the counter and it's not there most of the time even then, it has been quite bothersome. The idea is good in theory, but doesn't work in practice at least for me, but this is probably a rare case then I suppose.