forum

[Archived] Welcome sound won't stop playing in song menu, even in game?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Swiftur
Hello everyone,

So yesterday I decided to work on a new skin and started with sounds for the first time. I've created and put in a ~2 min sound file for my welcome sound.
Now my problem is that the sound won't stop playing until the 2 min are played. Not when I enter song selection, nor when I start a song.
I can't imagine that to be how it's supposed to work.
So is this a bug, something we can fix or is this just how it works right now?

Oh by the way another question. Is there an option to not play anything but the welcome sound when I start the game? Neither a random beatmap, nor the osu! song? Or can I maybe replace the osu! song with a custom song? I don't think so, but that'd solve the problem too.

osu! version: b20160521.2cuttingedge
Dntm8kmeeatu
That sounds like intended behavior, It just plays the file, it doesn't stop it.

As for the second question, I don't think so.
Topic Starter
Swiftur
Hmm, I'd understand if it is intended, on the other hand, the applause and fail sounds stop when you exit the respective screen.
Qiyana
There is a thing in the options called: osu! music theme.

I don't know for sure but i'm guessing that if you undo that option maybe it might not..
Topic Starter
Swiftur
This option makes the osu! music theme a.k.a. nekodex - circles! play instead of a random beatmap when you start the game. If you disable it, a random song will play.
That's why the only solution I see would be to replace the osu! theme with my welcome sound and then enable the option. But that will most likely not be possible.