forum

[resolved] osu! cant update because of graphics card crap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
memoria
Problem Details:

i used to be able to play on the latest version and now all of a sudden osu! crashes every time. i reinstalled to the old version and i can no longer update to the latest version, or beta, or cutting edge. it says it cant find my graphics card, which it can as its never had this problem before. ive reinstalled my drivers, and direct x. and still nothing.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://puu.sh/p1E7U/7eccc68638.jpg

osu! version: 20160403.6
Dntm8kmeeatu
Just to try it, Switch to stable (latest) and then when launching osu! hold shift until a menu pops up. Enable "Compatibility mode" and see if that does anything.
TheVileOne
It finds your graphics card just fine, but your graphics card doesn't seem to be providing a valid renderer for openGl. when you said reinstalled your drivers, did you uninstall the old drivers before doing so. There could be registry entries that could still be causing problems installing the new drivers.
bBattle2
It might also be helpfull to provide information about your graphics card and the installed driver. ;)
Topic Starter
memoria
so i fixed it cause my monitor downscaled itself by one and i couldnt tell and thats the only reason why, switched it back to 1080p and it loaded with no troubles