forum

[Archived] What tablet should I get?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ekzy
I have a huion 420 and would like to upgrade to a ctl-470, 480, or 490 but I have no clue which one is the best! I would like a thinner pen and less input lag if possible, but I am torn between which one is the best!
Rurree
It's a better idea for you to go ask in Gameplay & Rankings.

I'd personally recommend the CTL-480 though.
Topic Starter
ekzy

Rurree wrote:

It's a better idea for you to go ask in Gameplay & Rankings.

I'd personally recommend the CTL-480 though.
The problem with that is that the tablet is discontinued I think, I can only find refurbished copies and copies tagged as (old) so i'm not completely sure about it :/
Pawsu
I own a Wacom Bamboo Capture (CTH470) and for the 5ish years I've had it, I can't really complain. The pen is quite thin, and is an amazing tablet all together. The ctl-470 is the next up in generation, and is quite a lot like it. Mind these tablets are not made anymore so that makes them pretty cheap (but they still work fine!)

The CTL 480 (Intuos) is now in the consumer level, as it replaces the Bamboo generation. These are fine in my opinion but are a little more pricey. I think you'd be fine with a CTL-470.

If you need more information, try G&R.
Lacrimosa
Both CTL 470 and 480 are great. I think 480 is slightly better but it's not a big difference. I do not recommend CTL 490 for osu! though, since there are many reports about it having input lag which bothers many players.