forum

[Archived] Slow Download Speed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nurdieruhe
Are there limitations on osu direct because recently my downloads have gotten really slow. My Ping to osu.ppy.sh is 24 and a speedtest tells me my 50k are fine.

Also on steam full download speed but when it comes to osu direct or website downloads it is super slow. What could cause such a problem?

I have downloaded about 1000 maps a few days ago and the next day it was super slow before that day it was fine as always.

Any suggestions?
mizuki-chan
I downloaded thousands of beatmaps last days and sometimes but only for few minutes it was like extremely slow...after that it was going just fine again.
Did you check osu!status?
Topic Starter
Nurdieruhe
All fine in Osu Status. Sometimes it is fast but sometimes it downloads with like 20kb.
mizuki-chan
What about download speed using the beatmap listing in web? Is it also slow? I cant test anything out for now because im not at home next days and im writing with mobile phone...
Topic Starter
Nurdieruhe

mizuki-chan wrote:

What about download speed using the beatmap listing in web? Is it also slow? I cant test anything out for now because im not at home next days and im writing with mobile phone...
Same speed really slow :/
mizuki-chan
I tested download speed and it was going very well (few seconds)
I tried both osu!direct and the beatmap listing in web...
Did you try something simple already like restart your router/modem or whatever? I had such things in a rare case with my fritz!box router.
Topic Starter
Nurdieruhe

mizuki-chan wrote:

I tested download speed and it was going very well (few seconds)
I tried both osu!direct and the beatmap listing in web...
Did you try something simple already like restart your router/modem or whatever? I had such things in a rare case with my fritz!box router.
Yes i already have done that but since the day i have downloaded so much maps it is really slow on direct and on the website.
Sandy Hoey
Its weird. I actually have faster download speeds on the browser compared to through osu!direct. I would just use the browsers. Its more practical for searching for songs anyways
mizuki-chan

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Its weird. I actually have faster download speeds on the browser compared to through osu!direct. I would just use the browsers. Its more practical for searching for songs anyways
true. you have more filter options ect...
TheVileOne
You may get different beatmap mirrors that vary in speeds. Routing issues affect speed considerably and usually get fixed on their own.

If you have trouble using the dl links provided, there are several third party sites where you can get the songs that may be faster.