forum

[Archived] Stacked circles constantly miss instead get 100 or 50

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kathex
Problem Details:
I started notice this problem since the release of cuttingedge version, i dont know if it were before too.
The problem occurs generaly when have only 2 stacked notes and the time between this notes is arround 100-200ms.
A example
When your aim is over 2 or more stacked notes, if the aim is like in the example, enough to click in these 2 cicles without moving, and the time between them is arround 130ms (its mean a 1/2 Beat Snap Divisor for a ~165BPM maps) and you hit the first circle a little late, usually the click limiter, something related to OD, note lock, I guess (i dont know the name) make you miss the next stacked "note" instead get 100 or 50 score.
I've noticed that this always happens in maps with the characteristics listed above, it is: Stacked circles or sliders with time between the tick is arround 100-200ms.
The map of the example is https://osu.ppy.sh/b/804164, difficulty FOREVER, time 00:01:782 (1,2) - and 00:07:636 (1,2) -, whenever I play this map, in this exactly "notes", if hit the circle a little late, instead get 100 or 50, i miss the first note and subsequently the second too.
I can cite more maps for example that have the same conditions and this problem occurs too.
Were nice if could solve this problem with stacked "notes", cause i notice that as a long time. :)

osu! version: 20160517cuttingedge
VeilStar
This should only happen if you're trying to click the second circle before the first one, if you have your cursor above both circles and tap the first one late this doesn't happen.
Topic Starter
Kathex

VeilStar wrote:

This should only happen if you're trying to click the second circle before the first one, if you have your cursor above both circles and tap the first one late this doesn't happen.
Thats you're thinking is note lock, what im trying to indicate is different, I dont know how to explain it right.. :/
VeilStar
Then record a video or something? I can't reproduce what you described in your original post.
TheVileOne
I might have triggered this behaviour a couple times. Although if you're hitting the notes that late, you're bordering getting a miss instead of a 50.