forum

Making very fast sliders of a short period of time?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Releets
This has probably been asked a million other times, but I couldn't find anything in the 10 minutes i spent looking. (Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

I'm working on a mapping project, and for one specific part I would like to make my sliders go really fast, so they cover a lot of distance, but only a few seconds of the beatmap.

Changing SV to 2.00 allows them to go somewhat fast, but nowhere near the speed I'd like them to. I've seen maps like Hollow Wings' (for example "Kikoku Doukoku Jigokuraku") where these gigantic sliders are cleared in like a second, and I'm wondering how to make my sliders go faster than the SV 2.00 limit? Is there some setting I'm missing?

Thanks! :)
Bara-
They likely have the base SV at 3.60, and use a lower SV for the rest of the song (like 0.5)
I have seen HW use that quite often

You can also do it by manually changing the .osu file, let me look real quick
NixXSkate
That HW map uses 3.1 SV, and last time I checked the limit was 3.6, I don't know why yours is only 2.00...
Bara-
He likely meant a 2.00x multiplier using the timing panel

Orz, I can't find my detailed explanation about modifying the .osu file
Topic Starter
Releets

Bara- wrote:

He likely meant a 2.00x multiplier using the timing panel

Orz, I can't find my detailed explanation about modifying the .osu file
Wait have I been missusing the the term "SV"? Does it not refer to the Slider Velocity multiplier?

???? ?? ? ? ? ??????
Bara-
No
Well, kinda
If you are in the timing panel, where you see the BPM/Offset (press f3), you'll see a slider. That's the SV. It's 1.40 by default, but can go up to 3.60
Topic Starter
Releets

Bara- wrote:

No
Well, kinda
If you are in the timing panel, where you see the BPM/Offset (press f3), you'll see a slider. That's the SV. It's 1.40 by default, but can go up to 3.60
Alright I've figured it out, allthough its a bit too late as I've allready mapped 80% of the map, and I'm not up to re-snapping every slider I've made so far.

Thanks for your help anyways, it is greatly appreciated! :)
winber1
The reason that limit exists is for people not to abuse the slider velocity, which was a valid reason back in the day especially when people weren't as good as they are now. Especially with how insane the difficult maps have become, this previous rule has become more of a guideline, thus using SV's greater than 2.00 or less than 0.50 are generally not needed but can be used in very specific circumstances if the map calls for it.

people will call you out if you do it randomly. If you really want fast sliders, than go into the .osu file and find the timing point of interest, than change the SV there manually. -100 is 1.00 and then everything is just a ratio to that number, thus -200 would be 0.5x and -50 would be 2.0x etc.
Kibbleru
u can manually edit .osz file if u need, it goes up to 10.00 xD