forum

Idea for a CTB tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ash Ketchum
Alright, so I've been getting into CTB lately, and I'm not really good, but I enjoy it a lot, so I wanted to share my tournament idea

By the way, I'm not hosting this, I'm just sharing my idea cause I have nothing better to do with my life.

So this is what I would call the Catch the Beat Champions League.

Format:

5v5 Team 1v1(if that makes any sense) tournament.
The host would get certain people as Team Captains.
Then, players sign up, and once a certain amount of people is signed up, a "draft starts"
In this draft, the team captains get a specified amount of "Fake Virtual Currency" and can auction on players in a turn based system,
i.e. Host: "Player1 up for auction"
Team Captain 1: "20k for him"
Team Captain 2: "30k"
Team Captain 3: "Pass"
Team Captain 4: "50k"
and so on.

Oh and also when someone bids for someone, if 10 seconds pass before someone else bids, then that Team Captain has got the player on his team.

Once the teams are all full, the actual Tournament starts.
The team captain assigns a number to him and everyone on his team.
Let's say "player1" is number 2 on Team 1 and "player76" is number 2 on Team 3, then they would go into a 1v1.
So basically once everyone is done with their 1v1's, the team with the most 1v1 wins, wins that match.
For winning you get 3 points, and for losing, 1 point.
The teams would compete against each other team three times.
Once that is done, the team with the most points wins, simple as that.

Let me know if you don't understand or if you would be interested in hosting something like this :D
Topic Starter
Ash Ketchum
Keep in mind this could also be made for standard!
mcgen
This idea seems very interesting, I like it! :D
TaiDex
Yeah , i like this :D
Kyraa-
could work :oops:
hapnes
possibly could work, i've been wondering if i could participate in any ctb tournaments but idk how ahaha