forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Password Length Inconsistency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Mo-
Problem Details:
From the website, you are allowed to set a password longer than 31 characters, and be able to log into the website fine. However, when using this long password to log into the game client, it will say that your password is incorrect when it should be. I found that having a password length of exactly 31 works fine. Longer passwords work fine on the website and when verifying to change your password, but do not work ingame, even if I backspace the entered password down to 31 characters.

Simple fix: Either have some message on the change password page stating the upper limit of password length, or lift the lengh cap ingame.

osu! version: 20160430cuttingedge
Onii-chan
Bumping. Confirmed the same issue. My 32 character password won't let me log in in-game. (cutting-edge build)
Lacrimosa

Onii-chan wrote:

Bumping. Confirmed the same issue. My 32 character password won't let me log in in-game. (cutting-edge build)
Try switching back to stable (latest) both of you. It should fix the issue.
Onii-chan
I made my password shorter, but the issue on cuttingedge still remains, so might as well let the devs know.
Pawsu
If this only happens on CE, post in here.
VeilStar
Confirming this.

I'd advise simply using a password that is within the character limit for the time being.