forum

[Archived] osu now changes beatmap view when i launch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-glug-
NYEHHHH! *slams arm on keyboard* I HAVE SOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH OSU!!!! anyways, soo everytime i log into osu! i always get a message saying something about my beatmaps being viewed with a specific difficulty, its annoying that i have to change it manually. I think my osu data might be corrupted because alot of problems have been happening with my osu! data, i think i might have to redownload osu! but i dont want to lose all of my data. Does anybody else have this problem? if do so and have a solution, please tell me.

osu! version: 20160422 (latest)
VeilStar
So what you're saying is that the beatmap filter settings are set to only show you maps of a certain star difficulty range, and you have to change it so that it doesn't filter out any beatmaps every time you start osu!? If so, make sure the osu!.windowsusername.cfg file is not set to read-only in the file propreties, and if it isn't, try moving it out of the osu! folder in order for osu! to create a new settings file which it can properly save changes to. You'll have to redo all your settings if you do this though.
Pawsu

VeilStar wrote:

So what you're saying is that the beatmap filter settings are set to only show you maps of a certain star difficulty range, and you have to change it so that it doesn't filter out any beatmaps every time you start osu!? If so, make sure the osu!.windowsusername.cfg file is not set to read-only in the file propreties, and if it isn't, try moving it out of the osu! folder in order for osu! to create a new settings file which it can properly save changes to. You'll have to redo all your settings if you do this though.
^
Also, reinstalling won't help, and there's always a solution that doesn't involve reinstalling.