forum

Phoenix Wright - Sugimori Masakazu - Compilation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 11:52:24 PM

Artist: Phoenix Wright - Sugimori Masakazu
Title: Compilation
BPM: 100
Filesize: 7780kb
Play Time: 05:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.33 stars, 283 notes)
  2. Normal (3.15 stars, 425 notes)
  3. Hard (4.55 stars, 633 notes)
Download: Phoenix Wright - Sugimori Masakazu - Compilation
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is a compilation of various tunes from Phoenix Wright - Ace Attourney. I created the mp3 myself by combining songs from the soundtrack using Audacity. Here are all the tunes I used in the order they're in:

Turnabout Courtroom - Trial
Cross Examination - Moderato
Phoenix Wright - Objection!
Cross Examination - Allegro
Pursuit - Cornered
The First Victory

In addition, I also have various pw images appearing depending on the song that's playing.

And before you ask, I have a break in between each song so you'll know when the song changes. :P

Hope you enjoy!

Edit 1: Adjusted slider on song 4.
Edit 2: Adjusted bpm/offest to Rolled's recommendations.
Edit 3: Normal added.
Edit 4: Hard added.
Edit 5: Entire song is now storyboarded. No more video required!
Edit 6: Thanks to LuigiHann for correcting the storyboard.
lukewarmholiday
Nice Map

Song1, fine
Song2, fine
Song3, fine
Song4,
2:46:29: have the slider last a full beat, it sounds odd.
Song5, fine
Song6, fine

make harder difficulties!
Rolled
This beatmap is pretty cool. Fun for an easy one.

However this song length is against the ranking's standards, BUT HOLD IT!
This is a compilation PW song. Everybody loves PW, and compilations are fun too. You did an excellent job with easy so far, so I am pretty sure that if you do a great job with a hard difficulty nobody will be against ranking this.

Also, when timing songs, note that if you get a .99 BPM or a .01, .02 etc, it is most likely the offset that needs tweeking and the BPM should be the closest even number. It was like this for all of your .99s/.01's in this map. This is my fixed timing version, but I have not played through it to confirm it. I usually confirm timing by playing through a map, as I have pretty nice accuracy ;x

So map out a hard mode. As soon as you finish that I will double check the timing.

Also when I read the decription for this I though "oh god.. he cut the song himself" but to my surprise it was pretty good. The fade out is probably the best way to handle this. Nice job.

I'm going to star this upon other difficulties. Also, the attatched osu has my timing. If you just replace the .osu you will need to resnap everything, though.

Download: Phoenix Wright - Sugimori Masakazu - Compilation (kingcobra52) [Easy].osu
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Ok, I made the adjustment luke mentioned, but when I downloaded the osu file, rolled, it had the same bpms I already had. Could you possibly post the bpm's/offsets here? It'll be easier for me to adjust them that way.

Glad you both liked it. :)
Rolled
rofl, that is because I did not save before I uploaded the .osu. Go me.

4686 100.00
53,880 126.00
104,521 120.00
160,040 134.00
220,769 150.00
267,100 156.00
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Alright, the timing should be better now.

Only thing left now are some higher difficulties. :P
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Alright, I got normal added. All that's left now is hard.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
That's some very solid mapping. Good timing, use of finishes and whistles, good spacing.

13 mil might sound high but there are several songs already out there with similar or higher scores attainable.

I have no problem with giving a bubble for this.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Alright, after spending some time learning some storyboarding basics, I was able to have the images appear around the right times, so a video is no longer required. In other words, you're looking at my very first storyboarded beatmap. :)

The only thing I would like to fix (but not really necessary I guess) would be to keep the last image the way it is without having it fade out. Not really sure how to do that though (if it's possible).
LuigiHann

kingcobra52 wrote:

Alright, after spending some time learning some storyboarding basics, I was able to have the images appear around the right times, so a video is no longer required. In other words, you're looking at my very first storyboarded beatmap. :)

The only thing I would like to fix (but not really necessary I guess) would be to keep the last image the way it is without having it fade out. Not really sure how to do that though (if it's possible).
Storyboard is pretty good.
You can also set a regular background image that will show after the storyboard fades.
LuigiHann
Okay I figured it out.
Add this:
//Background and Video events
0,0,"Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-00.jpg"

And replace
4,0,0,"courtroom.png",0,0
F,0,0,770,0,1

With:

4,0,0,"courtroom.png",0,0
F,0,-1100,770,1,1

That should solve the problem of fading at the beginning and ending.

Also, this is a bit complicated to explain, but you don't need to have one image fade out and the next fade in. You can simply have each image fade over the previous image. Assuming your storyboard is currently in chronological order, you can eliminate all the fade-outs by replacing "1,0" with "1,1" each time. That should look a lot smoother, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm attaching the version of your osu file that I tested it on in case you want to just copy it.

Download: Phoenix Wright - Sugimori Masakazu - Compilation (kingcobra52) [Easy].osu
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Thanks for your help, Luigi. :)

Everything should be good to go now. All it needs is teh rankage! (or the popage ><)
Saturos
Believe it or not, I feel safe ranking this one.
cleangamer220
does anyone see gourdy? lol