forum

Any good beginner PP farm map? (EASY MAPS)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sparxo
I've been having trouble gaining PP, so can you give me some suggestions for EASY PP farming maps? It would be AMAZING if you could. Thanks!

- SparxoOSU
Yuudachi-kun
When I just started playing I had no idea what pp even was
Topic Starter
sparxo

Khelly wrote:

PP stands for "performance points" which are points that you earn when you play and finish a song, and when you earn performance points, you rank up further.
Yuudachi-kun

SparxoOSU wrote:

Khelly wrote:

PP stands for "performance points" which are points that you earn when you play and finish a song, and when you earn performance points, you rank up further.
Performance: 6,178pp (#1,151) #136

60 days ago
30 days ago
Days
90 days ago
now
Rank
Performance Rank
Recent Activity
about 14 hours ago
Khelly achieved rank #722 on Mike Morasky - Science is Fun [Insane] (osu!)
about 14 hours ago
Khelly achieved rank #187 on Pegboard Nerds - Try This [Insane] (osu!)
about 15 hours ago
Khelly achieved rank #974 on Komiya Mao - (can you) understand me? [huh?] (osu!)
about 40 hours ago
Khelly achieved rank #80 on Satoshi (CV:Rica Matsumoto) - XY&Z [Z] (osu!)
Show me more...
Detailed Stats
Ranked Score: 14,436,877,409

Hit Accuracy: 96.33%

Play Count: 42,163

Play Time: 632 hours

Total Score: 77,311,496,431

Current Level: 100

50%

Total Hits: 10,704,443
N0thingSpecial
Bruh I didn't know about the PP system until like 70k rank (idk 1k PP ish), just play the game lol
TheLonePiggy
nobody is going to say anything about him only having 20 pp?
also, there are no easy difficulty farm maps xD
you aren't going to be getting any more then 10 pp from those maps
autoteleology
You have 218 plays and you're already trying to farm meaningless competition e peen points. Go play the damn game for a year and then worry about this kind of stuff.
Yolshka

TheLonePiggy wrote:

you aren't going to be getting any more then 10 pp from those maps
Yes.
The reason why earning pp is hard, other than the obvious skill barriers, is because the weightage system.
You can have 2 loadable pages of top ranks at max, I don't know the exact number how many plays, but you have empty spaces that you can fill up.
So that means that whatever play you make, than that's going to be worth close to the full value.
DeathHydra
Basically what everyone has said.

I also didn't even know what pp is until about a month of playing. And when I knew what pp is, I already reached 1k pp. Just play the game, it will come eventually
KanoSet

Philosofikal wrote:

Go play the damn game for a year and then worry about this kind of stuff.
FuZ
23pp

literally all the maps are pp farm maps for you
Rosten
HDDTHR tutorial

that might get you five points or so.

forreals thoughn your problay wnat to not ewroyy bout pp right now cuz it doesnt rllly matter for yur atm.

just play and enjoy game u aint becoming cookie anyimte soon.
Endaris

Rosten wrote:

HDDTHR tutorial

that might get you five points or so.
Tutorial is unranked, rip.

Also for curiosity's sake, the number of maps shown on the profile is 100. Maps that score lower on your Top Plays are still considered for pp-calculation though but their contribution will be so insignificant that you won't see 2-digit values from them unless you're like page 1 of the leaderboards. I believe it also just cuts off at some point.
Xeo
If you're up for it. The best way of getting more pp is by using mods such as Double Time or/with Hard Rock, grabbing fullcombos (with combinations of mods) and practice.
Eventually you'll get a lot of pp without knowing it.
P.S Use the player 'Tillerino' and add him, later /np songs to him and he'll get the information about the pp of the map.
Barusamikosu
To answer your question: HRDT on OD4 Normals. Bonus points for OD5.

Looking at your profile, though, even that might be too much at this point. Keep playing maps without mods and learn the basics for now. You'll still earn a lot of ranks just for getting full combo.
Pituophis
Endie-
play more before even thinking about pp.
StephOsu

if you can't get pp without farming for it at that point then you should just uninstall the game altogether and play other games
roshan117
ummm??? PP doesnt even matter??? Like, it isnt the entire point of the game. Play the game to have fun, not earn points!
WasWasser
!
show more