forum

"Don't use avatar" feature on option?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
[180] Albert22
"Don't use avatar" feature on option?

Hi All admins and staff :D
Please add feature "Don't use avatar" feature on option for SIMCARD, Phont Tethering Android, and Slow Connection to Minimize Bandwitdh?
(Like Some Indonesian player :lol:
Like this

and Like this 8-)

Note^: Just visualize :)
Yeah is nice idea (my opinion) :) :idea:
Sorry for noob English and thread :lol:
Shmiklak
Not bad
[Kanzaki Ranko]
Would call it Low Data mode, and remove some of the other unnecessary features (like auto downloading of global highscores; there could be a button for that when this option is toggled.
Topic Starter
[180] Albert22
^ Yeah You right :D 8-)
Nathanael
I've heard that some countries have slow internet connection so a feature to set the game client to a low data mode is a nice idea.
Most likely it reduces bandwidth of the user and the server.
Rilene
Good idea.
I mean it would be really useful to limited bandwidth users and as well to the servers as well.
Pawsu
When you have really crappy Internet, the one thing that's happened to me is the avatars disappearing.
I think this would be a nice thing to disable.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Pawsu wrote:

When you have really crappy Internet, the one thing that's happened to me is the avatars disappearing.
The issue here isn't really with your bandwidth (because avatars wouldn't load anyway). It's an option for people with limited data plans (such as those tethering their phone's 3G or LTE to play osu!) to minimize the data consumption.
Pawsu

hozuki wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

The issue here isn't really with your bandwidth (because avatars wouldn't load anyway). It's an option for people with limited data plans (such as those tethering their phone's 3G or LTE to play osu!) to minimize the data consumption.
I'm not implying that it is.
I'm sure images such as avatars take a lot of data, and along with that Internet - I'm implying that it would be a nice way to save data / bandwidth.
Topic Starter
[180] Albert22
I hope this feature can help many player on slow connection 8-)
Looking for :D
Bara-
This can come in handy for quite some people
Good idea!
[ Kan-chan ]
It is good idea ! very simple.
this is helping for many people's connection !
DeathHydra
Kebiasaan pake inggris, liat osu pake bahasa indo jadi aneh :lol:

Yeah, a pretty good feature imo. Support!
Dimas Nugraha
well, mine became lag just because of the avatar. And it's been 2 years and there's no any reply to this thread.
ABD007

Dimas Nugraha wrote:

well, mine became lag just because of the avatar. And it's been 2 years and there's no any reply to this thread.
yep, totally dead :)
HootOwlStar

Kyousukee wrote:

Dimas Nugraha wrote:

yep, totally dead :)
reviving the thread is still useful anyway, hopefully this proposal will get more exposure.
raeurae
I really like this idea; my computer has the awful habit of running super slow when I first bring the game up, so a low data mode would be nice to get rid of all of the extraneous features that may bog down my computer further. So I guess it wouldn't just apply to people with slow internet?

If I had any stars left, I would upvote, but alas, all I can do is comment
Pawastreams
It's gonna make osu! more accesible for every connection!
Maybe it's gonna reduce lag due to loading world data ?

I like this feature!