forum

[confirmed] Long notes don't appear osu!mania in compatibility mode GMA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Problem Details:
When running the game in compatibility mode (which I use because it somehow decreases my input lag), the bar on long notes in osu!mania does not appear. Instead, there's just an empty space with the white line on the left of the long note not rendering for some reason.
I've been using the Liquid beatmap (Comes installed with osu!) to test this bug, since there's a long note at the very beginning, which is what I show on the screenshot.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160408.9cuttingedge (also checked in stable and beta)
VeilStar
Sounds like the same issue as t/415141. Can you post the contents of the runtime.log file found in the Logs folder (inside the osu! installation folder) here please?
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Apologizes for the delay. I was at school. Here:
runtime.log
04/08/16 10:47:08 PM: GL Initialized
04/08/16 10:47:08 PM: GL Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.0d79a9db3d42)
04/08/16 10:47:08 PM: GL Renderer: ANGLE (Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
04/08/16 10:47:08 PM: GL Shader Language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 2.1.0.0d79a9db3d42)
04/08/16 10:47:08 PM: GL Vendor: Google Inc.
04/08/16 10:47:08 PM: GL Extensions: GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_fence GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_EGL_image GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_OES_vertex_array_object
04/08/16 10:47:08 PM: GL Context: Index: 100400740, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 16, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 0 (0000), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False
Dntm8kmeeatu

Fayne Aldan wrote:

Apologizes for the delay. I was at school.

It's ok. And VeilStar is asleep. So it might take a while to get a response.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Any further word on this please? Also, for more information, it only seems to happen with the default skin. If I use a skin, like YUGEN, the long notes appear.
VeilStar
Seems to only happen on Intel GMA graphics. I'll confirm this and drop this by the dev channel in a bit. Thanks for the info!
For now you'll have to wait for a fix and potentially be asked for more information and testing.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Any update on this? I'd expect this to be of high priority, as it does makes osu!mania unplayable.
VeilStar
I don't have an update on this.

Can your run osu! without compatibility mode? If so, why are you using compatibility mode? If not, poke a dev in the #cuttingedge channel on slack.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
I can run osu! without compatibility mode, but the screen goes white when shaders render and the screen goes black in full screen if another window gains focus. And also, my inputs seem a bit more responsive in compatibility mode, especially on my low end computer.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Any further word on this?
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Still not fixed in b20160422.1cuttingedge... I play in compatibility mode because I get a weird input lag when I play Standard, so a fix for this would be greatly appreciated so I can play osu!mania.
farsdewibs0n
I tried it in my GMA 3600 and it works fine (with little lag 20-60 fps) and the compability mode also works the same way
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

farsdewibs0n wrote:

I tried it in my GMA 3600 and it works fine (with little lag 20-60 fps) and the compability mode also works the same way
That's because you don't have MY computer. Nothing works right on it...
farsdewibs0n

Fayne Aldan wrote:

That's because you don't have MY computer. Nothing works right on it...
What is your computer spec?
have you tried changing skins?
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

farsdewibs0n wrote:

What is your computer spec?

I don't have access to the PC RN, so I can't give detailed specs, but I know it has Celeron. Personally, I blame Windows 10. After upgrading, it couldn't use my graphics drivers and went to generic drivers with the fallback OpenGL 1.1 implementation, making me use Fallback osu!. However, I got the "updated" (old drivers for Win7) drivers from Acer's website, which allows me to play osu! latest.
EDIT: I know I have an Acer Aspire 5336, but everytime I've tried looking up information on it, the information I find is incorrect. What I find online is that it should be dual-core, but my computer is single-core and only has 3 GB of RAM.

farsdewibs0n wrote:

have you tried changing skins?

Some skins, such as Yugen and Hexarcle, do fix the problem, but I don't want to have to use a skin because I really like the default skin.
farsdewibs0n

Fayne Aldan wrote:

I don't have access to the PC RN, so I can't give detailed specs, but I know it has Celeron. Personally, I blame Windows 10. After upgrading, it couldn't use my graphics drivers and went to generic drivers with the fallback OpenGL 1.1 implementation, making me use Fallback osu!. However, I got the "updated" (old drivers for Win7) drivers from Acer's website, which allows me to play osu! latest.
EDIT: I know I have an Acer Aspire 5336, but everytime I've tried looking up information on it, the information I find is incorrect. What I find online is that it should be dual-core, but my computer is single-core and only has 3 GB of RAM.
PC RN???

So, your laptop is currently on windows 7 or 10??

My Potato is way worse thany yours (with intel atom, INtel GMA 3600 and 1GB DDR2 RAM)
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

farsdewibs0n wrote:

Fayne Aldan wrote:

PC RN???

My Potato is way worse thany yours (with intel atom, INtel GMA 3600 and 1GB DDR2 RAM)
Windows 10 right now.
farsdewibs0n

Fayne Aldan wrote:

farsdewibs0n wrote:

PC RN???

Windows 10 right now.
what version of GMA do you have

If you're using GMA 3600, I suggest u read this first
https://communities.intel.com/thread/77701?tstart=0
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

farsdewibs0n wrote:

How do I check which version of GMA I have?
farsdewibs0n

Fayne Aldan wrote:

farsdewibs0n wrote:

How do I check which version of GMA I have?
[Start Button]+R and check in the display tab
show more