forum

100% free MMORPG

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Panilian
Any suggestions for a good and fully free MMORPG ? (does it actually exist...?)
-Makishima S-
Path of Exile, it's H'n'S ARPG tho
FuZ
wildstar

maybe blade & soul too, havent played that much at high lvl so idk if its p2w or not
Justykanna
There are a lot out there (Maplestory, Elsword and Ragnarok Online 1 and 2 are ones I can think of), but with so many moving into the "pay to win" model, it's hard to find one that's actually good at the same time. The three mentioned above all fit in that category, sadly, except for Ragnarok Online 1. It's really old though so do some research and see if you like what you see.

Path of Exile's a Diablo (Blizzard) clone. I'm not sure I'd call that an MMORPG, as noted by Taiga.
My girlfriend and I are playing Blade & Soul and we're both really enjoying it. Completely free. There's an in-game store that provide mostly cosmetic items - so I wouldn't call it pay to win. I believe there's a few item stuffs but I haven't purchased any of it at level 20 and have enjoyed the game. So I'd highly recommend giving this game a try if you're looking for an MMO.
Zafufu
There'll always be pay bonuses. How "free" it is depends on your attitude. Personally been on Elsword for 3 years, have a fully costumed char list, capped multiple times (one being on a base class,) and reached highest tier pvp rank before without a single penny spent... So I can say that one is free2play, but still depends on your attitude. When it comes to Elsword, you just won't be that fancy sparkly player who solos everything as a free2play player, but you can still do about everything the game has to offer and enjoy the epic event rewards to fill some luxury holes (though be warned the community is salty as heck on anything that happens, even when it's good.) But if in the case you do wanna be that sparkly #1 ranked player, then I'm afraid the free mmo category in general isn't for you.
LigerZero
why not grand chase...?
Zafufu

LigerZero wrote:

why not grand chase...?
Sadly Grand Chase actually died-died last year. Kinda miss playing my Mari. xD
Topic Starter
Panilian
Actually, i used to play elsword a bit but I had to purchase some ingame content to continue playing like I always did, i'll try out blade and soul it looks like a good game :o
-Friede
Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP server not SEA, the SEA server is a lot more pay-to-win), it's actually a great MMORPG where you can become great without spending a dim of money.

Just remember to install the english patch though.
PatZar
closer, PSO2, path of exile, Runescape!!!!!

closer and pso2 are blocked IP for a reason, you can play it with JP VPN.
Sanxu_old

PatZar wrote:

Runescape!!!!!
You're having a giggle, right? 95% of the content is behind a paywall. Literally. A wall that says "give us money for the rest of the stuff".
Rurree
AQWorlds, l m a o.

It's not a pay2win game, see if you'll find it fun.
Offdensen
Adventure Quest Worlds will work
Rhonin
one does not simply play MMORPG without spending some money.
hyouri
Free MMO does not exist (yet) as MMO means massive multiplayer, which means many users, which means many servers, which means high cost of maintenance
Akemi-kun
Give Aura Kingdom a shot
FuZ

Alveryn wrote:

Free MMO does not exist (yet) as MMO means massive multiplayer, which means many users, which means many servers, which means high cost of maintenance
wildstar is completly free, the only things you can buy with real money are cosmetics and character slots, and even if you want them you will get cash-shop currency as you do quests and kill mobs, there's also a subscription option but it's not worth it, all the bonus it gives are literally useless

plus its an AAA game, not some piece of shit asian mmo. dungeons and raids are fun and hard

if you want to play a 100% free mmorpg wildstar is definitely something you want to try, especially if you're into pve, trust me, it's the most fun i had after WoW which i played for 6 years
Reha
-
YurikoJikan

Akemi-kun wrote:

Give Aura Kingdom a shot
I guess for Aura kingdom you'll have to love fantasy games xD and you probably will need time to get past all those levels :o
DaJoeyElMacho
Have you try closers online?
show more