forum

Trauma Center: New Blood - Opening

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Larto
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Montag, 25. August 2008 at 22:16:44

Artist: Trauma Center: New Blood
Title: Opening
BPM: 80
Filesize: 1116kb
Play Time: 01:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Cheir (0,99 stars, 51 notes)
  2. Ops (1,86 stars, 68 notes)
  3. Brachion (3,81 stars, 99 notes)
  4. Cardia (4,64 stars, 124 notes)
Download: Trauma Center: New Blood - Opening
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My second beatmap. I hope that one is better than my first one.
If I get feedback, I'll also make hard and insane.

I chose that song because it's so short and I didn't think I can make many mistakes here. But of course because I love Trauma Center, too :D

By the way, I don't know if I mentioned before, I'm from Germany and I'm sure I made some errors while writing this, so please forgive my poor knowledge of English <.<"

PS: The pentagram at the end of the song is a very important symbol in Trauma Center, I didn't put it in there because its other meaning. <.<"

PS2: I'm thankful for every criticism.

EDIT: Changing the BPM and Offset a bit, removing time section, changing Easy's beatmap a bit and Normal's beatmap completely. Thanks to kingcobra! : D
EDIT2: Changed a beat a little. I totally overlooked that two minutes ago <.<
EDIT3: Added Hard, changed the names of the difficulties, changed many things on Normal and Easy, added a backround, changed the hitcircles... I think that was it.
EDIT4: Changed the background a bit. Forgot that <.<"
EDIT5: Added Insane (Savato)
EDIT6: Added Finish and Whistle to Insane, made Insane a little easier.
EDIT7: Changed Offset to 3.326 and did the 4 R once more.
EDIT8: Changed everything like Kharl suggested in his 2nd post (too lazy to list everything)
EDIT9: Made Savato a little bit harder.
EDIT10: Added some sounds like combobursts, combobreak, failsound and applause, just so the beatmap is more interesting.
EDIT11: Added the custom hitcircle once again. It somehow got lost when I added the custom sounds. <_<"
EDIT12: MANY changes. Look at Sinistro's post, you can see them there. Changed difficulty names to Cheir, Ops, Brachion and Cardia. I didn't choose Onyx and Soma because they're easy as hell <.<
EDIT13: Increased HP Drain on Cardia. Because, you know, Cardia usually doesn't hestitate to kill you :P
EDIT14: Fixed peppy's issues with Cheir and Cardia.
EDIT15: Stupid slider.

RANK THIS NAO! D=
kingcobra52
Use this bpm/offset for both difficulties.

BPM: 80
Offset: 3360

Delete your other timing sections on easy and normal. They're not necessary. This song has a constant bpm.

Resnap/Recalc/Recheck/Resubmit. Then I'll look at it in detail. :)

(Note: If you need the above in German, let me know. I took 4 years in high school/college :P)
Metroid
LUV the usage but try to use the star from the EBA inspiration or change your curve type to all 90 degree points so it looks for like the healing touch star.

PLEASE MAKE A HARD MODE! this song fells like house's MD intro :>

I can supply you with a new blood background if I can find one.
EDIT got you two you can use. their both JPG files.

and if you can try to find the new blood intro vid.

also please tone down the drain a little in normal it's a little unforgiving and try to use the ingame STIGMA names as difficulty name's
I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD!

2nd EDIT
If you want some custom markers i can make some.

If you want a complete trauma center skin ask Sinistro he's working on a TC skin

3rd EDIT here's the hit circle

Kharl
Change offset to 3326, make sure that spacing is correct, then complete the 4R (Resnap/Recalc/Recheck/Resubmit) ritual.

Download: Girls Dead Monster - Shine Days (Full ver) (Clare) [Test].osu
Kharl
= All maps =
- Change slider tick rate to 2. It sounds better.
- Use 1/4 beat snap divisor and make sure that all notes are snapped correctly. I'm pretty sure that 1/4 is enough for this song, even with the piano part.
- Try using Linear curve type for the star slider.
- Watch out for spacing issue. For example, in Pempti difficulty at 0:11:20 (2,3,4) should be spaced evenly. There are more in all difficulties so please check and correct them after you've properly snapped all of the beats on the timeline.
Topic Starter
Larto
Please, people, comment my beatmap, I tried so hard to make my beatmap suitable for ranking, I'd be really happy about you taking a look at my beatmap. T_T
Sinistro
Since this is New Blood, Stigma strain names might be more appropriate than GUILT.

Kyriaki
With 1/4 snap divisor on the top right, move 00:28:57 (1) to the red line at 00:28:45 and then make the spinner a bit longer so that it ends at the red line at 00:30:70.
00:43:82 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) This combo doesn't seem to follow any particular rhythm suggested by the song. I almost never intrude on the design of a beatmap, but maybe you should consider making a different rhythm with these circles.

Deftera
A very minor comment, but the spinner at 00:28:26 (1) has no real reason to start on a blue tick. Either make start 1/4 earlier or 1/r later.

Pempti
You have a lot of problems here caused by you using (possibly by accident) the 1/3 and 1/6 divisors to place notes. These divisors are rarely used, and this song does not need them. Here's what needs fixing:

First of all, make sure the snap divisor on the top right shows 1/4.
-Then make the slider at 00:09:70 (2) shorter so that it ends at the blue line at 00:09:88. Then make the slider at 00:10:07 (3) longer so that it ends at the blue line at 00:10:63.
-Then make the spinner at 00:14:70 (1) start earlier, on the white line at 00:14:57. Don't forget to make sure it ends at the same place it ends now.
-Then make the slider at 00:15:88 (1) shorter so that it ends at the red line at 00:16:45.
-The circles 00:25:45 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) don't match the song's beat since they were all placed under 1/6 divisor. I'm not sure how you wanted them to sound, so make sure the divisor is at 1/4, then move the circles on the timeline so that they make a pattern that follows the song's beat. Also make sure you check the spacing of these circles so that it matches their new position on the timeline.
-Make the spinner at 00:27:70 (1) end later, at the red line at 00:28:45.
-The sliders at 00:28:82 (1), 00:29:20 (2), 00:31:45 (1), 00:33:70 (6), 01:02:57 (1) and 01:02:95 (2) all need the same thing: make them a bit longer so that each of them ends at the very next blue line.
-00:30:07 (4) - Move this circle to the blue line at 00:30:13.
-00:32:32 (4) - Move this circle to the blue line at 00:32:38.
- Make the spinner at 00:40:45 (1) end a bit later, on the white line at 00:41:57.
-00:44:32 (6) - Move this circle to the blue line at 00:44:38.
-00:44:70 (7) - Move this circle to the blue line at 00:44:76.
-00:45:07 (8) - Move this circle to the blue line at 00:45:13.
-00:45:82 (10) - Move this circle to the blue line at 00:45:88.
-00:46:45 (1) - Make this slider a bit longer so that it ends at the white line at 00:46:82.
-00:47:32 (3) - Move this circle to the blue line at 00:47:38.
-00:49:45 (1) - Make this spinner shorter so that it ends at the red line at 00:50:20.

Savato
A few problems like the ones in Pempti. Make sure your snap divisor shows 1/4, then:
-00:09:51 (2) - Make this slider longer so that it ends at the red line at 00:09:70.
-00:15:95 (1) - Move this slider on the timeline so that it starts at the blue line at 00:15:88.
-00:18:95 (1) - Likewise, move this slider on the timeline so that it starts at the blue line at 00:18:87.
-00:21:32 (1) - Make this spinner longer so that it ends at the blue line at 00:21:88.
-00:39:32 (8) - Make this slider shorter so that it ends at the blue line at 00:39:51. Make sure the circle at 00:39:70 (9) is exactly at the place where the slider ends.
00:51:32 (1) - Make the end of the star-shaped slider be a little farther from its beginning, like you've already done in the other difficulties.

Also: 00:16:45 (2) - place this at the very end of the slider that is before it, instead of hiding it under the slider.
00:25:26 (7) - Similarly, place this at the very end of the slider that is before it, instead of hiding it under the slider.

It might look like a lot, but it's not, really. You've done a great work making interesting rhythm patterns out of this song! The custom sound effects are a nice touch.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Okay, with the changes I approve of this map. Bubbling.

fdtoonsman
Awesome beatmap based off an awesome game. Keep it up!
MaxwellDemon
After some checks, and one fix in irc, this map is going into rankhood. :P

(I must be known as like the ranking addict by now, I think.)
Mink_Car
Did anyone else think of the opening to House when they first saw the opening to this game?

Well, I did. Also, I lol'd at "What are you doing, doctor?"

Nice map.