forum

R.E.M - It's the End of the World as We Know It

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
caelus
Second beatmap. :D Okay, so I originally wanted to make the beatmap with two difficulty levels, but then I um, didn't. So the last part might be a bit harder xD So yeah. Have fun.

http://osu.ppy.sh/d/107
peppy
What can I say?

Perfectly timed.
Very interesting pattern.

but um. its hard? its very hard?

I'm starting to think we need an easy version attached to these really hard tracks before they get ranked - just because I know about 80% of the community will not be able to complete songs of this difficulty. Would you be interested in adding an easy/normal difficulty to this beatmap set in exchange for getting it ranked? :D.

I really like your work - and I know eyup and Ivalset will have a field day on this map.
Topic Starter
caelus
I was all like "I could pass it" so whatever. XD But yeah. I'll make an easy/normal one tomorrow. ^^
chan
Hey, some of us are pretty bad (well, I'm mainly speaking for myself here) :P
Look forward to trying it in a month, along with EVERY OTHER BEATMAP
Topic Starter
caelus
Okay, I'm done with the normal one. It's basically the same, but um, easier. :|

Download: R.E.M. - It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I feel fine) (caelus) [Normal].osu
purophet
In terms of "I could pass it," even setting aside the fact that a lot of the beatmappers here are on a higher playing level than the majority of people who might find this program - especially with the Joystiq link - I read a piece of advice on game design once that stuck with me. If you're designing a level or something, when you get to the point where you've made a level that you can complete, stop and make it easier - because the player will always find it harder than you do. You designed the level, you know what's coming, and what you were thinking when you were making it - the player won't.