forum

Jessi - Excessive Love

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Irreversible
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2017 at 19:46:08

Artist: Jessi
Title: Excessive Love
Tags: kpop sad jessicah_o 제시카 에이치오 violin ballad rapper voice
BPM: 74,5
Filesize: 3483kb
Play Time: 01:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (1,79 stars, 92 notes)
  2. Saranghae (2,64 stars, 133 notes)
Download: Jessi - Excessive Love
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hard - Irreversible
Normal - Irreversible

Thx monstrata for awesome mp3 edit

Hollow Delta
Requested I mod this.

General
Set preview points lol
What's that white.png used for?

Saranghae
01:10:376 - Unsnapped inherited line.
00:31:786 (2,3) - That overlap off-centers the pattern. Shift these 2 to the right a bit.
00:44:672 (1) - Fix this blanket?
00:47:491 (4) - This overlap doesn't really fit cause it's very well anticipated. I'd move it to the right so it creates a triangle with 3 and 2.

Normal
01:10:376 - Unsnapped line.
00:39:639 (4) - This note doesn't line up with the vocals, but that might just be an error on the vocalist's part. It's a slider, so I guess the acc shouldn't be an issue.
Topic Starter
Irreversible
Fixed all thanks!
Voli
Saranghae

1. 00:30:579 (1,2) - i'd increase spacing between these a bit cuz its exactly the same spacing as 00:31:384 (3,1) - which is 1/4
  2. 00:41:048 (2,3) - can u space them just a little further lik this https://voli.s-ul.eu/MIHkqFR6 cuz the momentum stop feels kinda awkward
  3. 00:54:135 (1) - maybe ctrlg this cuz the 1/4 spacing is the same as 1/2 you used on the previous jump
  4. 01:35:410 - wouldnt u do sth with sliders coz it matches the ooOoOO well (and u can make slider end on 01:35:813 - so you dont miss the piano note)
Topic Starter
Irreversible
Fixed all thanks!
Yuii-
man this actually is... is great. i didn't particularly like some things, but overall a very creative mapping with low difficulties, actually impressive

(also kudos to voli?)
Topic Starter
Irreversible
Thanks Yuii-! It would be nice if you shared your opinion with me.
Yuii-
I'm here already!!

are you sure about the offset? i would still try 6001~ or around there, it sounds quite late currently
can you disable widescreen support too?
pretty sure you should crop the mp3 to make it rankable. 20% of the outro is being unused
also, would be nice if you could slightly reduce hitsound's volume, try -7%~-10% on everything
have you tried using a muted sliderslide hitsound? otherwise, sliderbodies are extremely audible when i feel they should not :(
i was too expecting beats like 00:21:317 - 00:35:813 - 00:39:035 - 01:09:639 - (and many others)... or at least, drum-hitwhistle like you have done 00:59:974 - , for example!

normal

00:18:900 (1) - visually speaking, this would be cooler if ctrl+j'd.. it would feel more natural
00:22:122 (4,5,1) - this is simple, but still marvelous, i seriously wasn't expecting this flow at all
00:26:753 - decreasing volume here would actually be nice. drums are quite low here, so something more calm would fit a bit better!
00:32:592 (2) - one of the things that i kept in mind while looking at the mapset was this object in particular. it's trying to follow two different vocal sounds into one simple object. if anything, i would just try to follow the vocals as much as possible. you can try http://i.imgur.com/xQJRwRo.jpg if you feel like 00:32:592 - is worth being a hitsounded, otherwise, you could just extend it all the way till the piano hit on 00:32:994 - , preferably, i think both should be there.
00:54:337 - i really don't feel like this should be ignored at all. i do get the idea of following the vocals, but that hit is so, so prominent it really is worth a click. may you consider http://i.imgur.com/Z8rA7Lk.jpg for some emphasis onto the "oh~" 00:55:545 - too?
00:57:558 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - aw this is 8-)
01:04:001 - really deserves to be mapped. i really like the break on 01:08:833 - because it gives a lot of momentum to the players into the kiai, but the very first one still keeps a similar musical connotation to everything mapped previously so it kinda feels empty
01:20:108 (1,2) - and last but not least, rhythm here seems way too simplified for what it actually should be. also, 01:21:719 (2) - the clap on the tail is kinda random to me, it makes me believe you wanted to finish it with the drum hit on 01:22:525 - but you extended it to cover the vocals as well

hard

lowering the od might actually be slightly more balanced to the spread and the song
i would have also loved you to work a bit more with green lines' volume as you are following the vocals here. that means, many of the sliders don't really land on a drum/guitar/piano hit making tails kind of weird to play, especially when you have an object right next to what you have just clicked.

00:31:786 (2,3,1) - i would actually never do that on a hard difficulty. not because of the distance snap, but because visually speaking, it's most likely for newer players to click (1) right after they finish clicking (3). i do believe you have done other "gimmick" patterns here that work better with what you intended to being with. my suggestion is kind of ehhh, you can say, generic, but it's just to give you an idea of what i believe it would work better according to your patterning
00:53:531 (1,2) - same as on normal, still would like a change in rhythm here
01:04:001 - you placed a break here but not on the other difficulty :(((( (although i still believe this could really be mapped)
01:18:498 (1) - might want to try drum-hitwhistle, current one is way too loud for the vocals
01:36:216 (1) - what i'm asikng here is solely for the sake of aesthetics, but have you considered stacking this udner 01:32:592 (4) - as it'll also be reducing the spacing of the last pattern since it doesn't really deserve that much of emphasis?

[]

Freaking lovin' this! Please, do call me back, I might throw some hitsound suggestions to you too <3!!
Topic Starter
Irreversible

Yuii- wrote:

I'm here already!!

are you sure about the offset? i would still try 6001~ or around there, it sounds quite late currently No, I wasn't sure, thanks! I felt likr 6001 is a bit too early, so I'm going for 6005.
can you disable widescreen support too? Why? There is a SB
pretty sure you should crop the mp3 to make it rankable. 20% of the outro is being unused I am aware that this is in the ranking criteria. However, I think that a cut really makes no sense, because I feel like the adjacent parts are necessary in the mp3.
also, would be nice if you could slightly reduce hitsound's volume, try -7%~-10% on everything yea
have you tried using a muted sliderslide hitsound? otherwise, sliderbodies are extremely audible when i feel they should not :( added!
i was too expecting beats like 00:21:317 - 00:35:813 - 00:39:035 - 01:09:639 - (and many others)... or at least, drum-hitwhistle like you have done 00:59:974 - , for example! I feel like the places when there should be a clap are underemphasized, but I can't find a fitting hitsound. Can you help with that? Drum-hitnormal seems too weak whereas the rest seems too strong.

normal

00:18:900 (1) - visually speaking, this would be cooler if ctrl+j'd.. it would feel more natural I think this is just as natural, haha
00:22:122 (4,5,1) - this is simple, but still marvelous, i seriously wasn't expecting this flow at all <3
00:26:753 - decreasing volume here would actually be nice. drums are quite low here, so something more calm would fit a bit better! I deleted the drum hitsound
00:32:592 (2) - one of the things that i kept in mind while looking at the mapset was this object in particular. it's trying to follow two different vocal sounds into one simple object. if anything, i would just try to follow the vocals as much as possible. you can try http://i.imgur.com/xQJRwRo.jpg if you feel like 00:32:592 - is worth being a hitsounded, otherwise, you could just extend it all the way till the piano hit on 00:32:994 - , preferably, i think both should be there. ah yeah that didn't make sense
00:54:337 - i r eally don't feel like this should be ignored at all. i do get the idea of following the vocals, but that hit is so, so prominent it really is worth a click. may you consider http://i.imgur.com/Z8rA7Lk.jpg for some emphasis onto the "oh~" 00:55:545 - too? I tried your suggestion but that really feels off. The vocals are definitely prominent here.
00:57:558 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - aw this is 8-) <3
01:04:001 - really deserves to be mapped. i really like the break on 01:08:833 - because it gives a lot of momentum to the players into the kiai, but the very first one still keeps a similar musical connotation to everything mapped previously so it kinda feels empty I'm thinking about that one. I just feel like the break is so justified because her vocals are leading off and the piano indicates this break so well.
01:20:108 (1,2) - and last but not least, rhythm here seems way too simplified for what it actually should be. also, 01:21:719 (2) - the clap on the tail is kinda random to me, it makes me believe you wanted to finish it with the drum hit on 01:22:525 - but you extended it to cover the vocals as well I felt like this is a nice variation compared to the rest. The piano strings through these two sliders beautifully, don't you agree?

hard

lowering the od might actually be slightly more balanced to the spread and the song yea
i would have also loved you to work a bit more with green lines' volume as you are following the vocals here. that means, many of the sliders don't really land on a drum/guitar/piano hit making tails kind of weird to play, especially when you have an object right next to what you have just clicked. hmm.. yeah the hitsounding is flaws i need more help with that

00:31:786 (2,3,1) - i would actually never do that on a hard difficulty. not because of the distance snap, but because visually speaking, it's most likely for newer players to click (1) right after they finish clicking (3). i do believe you have done other "gimmick" patterns here that work better with what you intended to being with. my suggestion is kind of ehhh, you can say, generic, but it's just to give you an idea of what i believe it would work better according to your patterning yes!
00:53:531 (1,2) - same as on normal, still would like a change in rhythm here same as normal
01:04:001 - you placed a break here but not on the other difficulty :(((( (although i still believe this could really be mapped) i placed a break
01:18:498 (1) - might want to try drum-hitwhistle, current one is way too loud for the vocals you think a drum whistle is quieter than a whistle?
01:36:216 (1) - what i'm asikng here is solely for the sake of aesthetics, but have you considered stacking this udner 01:32:592 (4) - as it'll also be reducing the spacing of the last pattern since it doesn't really deserve that much of emphasis? yesss

[]

Freaking lovin' this! Please, do call me back, I might throw some hitsound suggestions to you too <3!!
Thank you Yuii-, that was helpful! I'd like some more help with the hitsounds for sure.
Yuii-
i'm back!

we've talked about the widescreen support and how i meant disable countdown, so yeah, just clarifying that
i opened aimod and it showed me you deleted white.jpg which was the flashlight effect you did on the first version. not sure if it's intentional, but it actually looked very nice, consider re-adding it
you also haven't added the sliderslide :(

normal

00:32:582 (2) - i still don't really like this rhythm at all. it's a very extended slider going through two vocal sounds and ignoring the piano. you did agree with me that it really make too much sense, yet it's still the same. i tried what i suggested you and apparently isn't good either, but i would still appreciate if you would work around that
01:20:098 (1,2) - oh, you meant the violin? yeah, it does indeed sound nice, but i'd still make (2) shorter cause 01:22:515 - is really worth something and not a sliderbody; then you could place a circle on 01:22:917 - for the vocals. let me know what you think!

hard

just modding greenlines and hitsounds cause this difficulty is already perfect

mute slidertail:

00:20:702 -
00:21:105 -
00:21:709 - you could also reduce the volume of 00:21:911 (2) - for the sake of vocals and then bump it up again on 00:22:112 -
00:25:333 (2,3,4,5) -
00:33:991 -
00:38:219 (3,4) -
00:44:461 -

as for hitsounds:

00:34:595 - i'd remove the whistle from there
00:47:884 - missing whistle
00:41:642 - increase volume as music is getting more intense here!
00:55:535 (1) - did you forget the clap here? it'd be better if you were to add it and decrease the volume of the spinner. what about 38% volume?
01:20:098 (1,2,3) - would add drum sampleset to the sliderends as there's a drum sound exactly where they land

as for the map:

00:39:830 - i do think this should be the start of the slider and not on the blue tick. also, add the whistle on the sliderhead if you do this
00:52:313 (5,1,2) - spacing looks quite weird here, vocals are extremely prominent (as you said on the previous reply) hence why i think (5,1) should be spaced further and (1,2) should be slightly nerfed. although i do like the emphasis you put onto (2) for the vocals...

[]

call me back asap! we are close to get it bubbled woo~
Topic Starter
Irreversible

Yuii- wrote:

i'm back!

we've talked about the widescreen support and how i meant disable countdown, so yeah, just clarifying that
i opened aimod and it showed me you deleted white.jpg which was the flashlight effect you did on the first version. not sure if it's intentional, but it actually looked very nice, consider re-adding it
you also haven't added the sliderslide :( Oddly, I did not delete it and I actually added a sliderslide O_O

normal

00:32:582 (2) - i still don't really like this rhythm at all. it's a very extended slider going through two vocal sounds and ignoring the piano. you did agree with me that it really make too much sense, yet it's still the same. i tried what i suggested you and apparently isn't good either, but i would still appreciate if you would work around that lol i did change it but i changed it again
01:20:098 (1,2) - oh, you meant the violin? yeah, it does indeed sound nice, but i'd still make (2) shorter cause 01:22:515 - is really worth something and not a sliderbody; then you could place a circle on 01:22:917 - for the vocals. let me know what you think! nono, that really stays as it is it's too beaitufl /me kris

hard

just modding greenlines and hitsounds cause this difficulty is already perfect

mute slidertail:

00:20:702 -
00:21:105 -
00:21:709 - you could also reduce the volume of 00:21:911 (2) - for the sake of vocals and then bump it up again on 00:22:112 - Hmm.. I think so, but the effect is rather small and well, I'd have to do it everywhere, no?
00:25:333 (2,3,4,5) -
00:33:991 -
00:38:219 (3,4) - Okay but why? There is a vocal on them
00:44:461 - yeah that one makes sense! XD

as for hitsounds:

00:34:595 - i'd remove the whistle from there
00:47:884 - missing whistle
00:41:642 - increase volume as music is getting more intense here!
00:55:535 (1) - did you forget the clap here? it'd be better if you were to add it and decrease the volume of the spinner. what about 38% volume?
01:20:098 (1,2,3) - would add drum sampleset to the sliderends as there's a drum sound exactly where they land Fixed all, especially the last idea was good.

as for the map:

00:39:830 - i do think this should be the start of the slider and not on the blue tick. also, add the whistle on the sliderhead if you do this ok!
00:52:313 (5,1,2) - spacing looks quite weird here, vocals are extremely prominent (as you said on the previous reply) hence why i think (5,1) should be spaced further and (1,2) should be slightly nerfed. although i do like the emphasis you put onto (2) for the vocals... I followed the vocals a bit better now here :)

[]

call me back asap! we are close to get it bubbled woo~
thx again!! I added a new hitsound btw, thanks Voli
Yuii-
We IRC'd a couple of things. Map cannot get bubbled as the BSS is not working properly and we are too tired to keep on trying http://i.imgur.com/5GcGBh1.jpg

Stuff we changed:
-Worked on volume for 01:07:615 -
-Muted sliderends for 00:25:333 (2,3,4,5) -
-Snapped kiai on 01:23:252 -

Will bubble tomorrow when this thing decides to work.
Topic Starter
Irreversible
It's fixed!
Yuii-
Ladies and gentlemen, we have been saved by our Lord and savior Mao. Oh, Lord Mao. What would we have done without your help? You guided us into the correct path, the one we were not able to see. You are not only a God for us, but for the rest of the community as well. Thank you a lot for your guidance as it really helped us on our way towards the Rankings. We would never challenge you again, oh omnipotent Mao!

If you are KwaN: Metadata as well as tags can be found on many different websites which are linked below.

(yes, i regret nothing, it took me a lot of time to find a valid website, so just deal with wikipedia ok)

Files have now been added (oh thanks Lord Mao) and they work perfectly!

As for the break before the Kiai: Irreversible and I have tried to explain why it does work exactly. To begin with, vocals kind of ruin the pace of the song before it truly gets intense on the chorus. Mapping that would feel too spammy (hence breaking the momentum) before 01:06:810 - . There are also other reasons, but these are the most easy-to-comprehend ones.

There also is a little fade-out on 01:07:615 - where we decided to decrease the volume of the notes as well and adding a little effect to the storyboard (although that was before I suggested the hitsounding volume thing).

And that is pretty much it! By the way, best of February, guys!!

Bubbled!
Lasse
extra
00:54:729 (2,1) - would love to see this spacing reduced a bit, having way more is fine cause the vocal seems way stronger, but current feels a bit too much. like 3~3.2ds
00:58:152 (4) - 01:01:374 (4) - even if this follows the vocal, with it being extended just slightly over the snare is feels really irritating to to play, think ending this 1/8 earlier would work better
01:03:991 - I read your reasoning for the break, but I think it doesn't work very well cause of things like the piano on 01:05:199 - . maybe you could try something simple like circles on01:05:199 - 01:05:602 - 01:06:407 - http://i.imgur.com/guzjjox.jpg ?

insane
01:06:810 (1) - even if you decide to keep the break on both diffs, at least consider a circle (or maybe 1/4 slider) here, as that would seperate it from the "stop" at 01:07:213 - and give a really nice effect while playing http://i.imgur.com/qBqBPUr.jpg
01:34:595 (1) - the music changes so much during this, I think having it split like http://i.imgur.com/fZAcj5y.jpg would be great with piano and vocals

should be all, poke me when ready
Topic Starter
Irreversible

Lasse wrote:

extra
00:54:729 (2,1) - would love to see this spacing reduced a bit, having way more is fine cause the vocal seems way stronger, but current feels a bit too much. like 3~3.2ds Good point!
00:58:152 (4) - 01:01:374 (4) - even if this follows the vocal, with it being extended just slightly over the snare is feels really irritating to to play, think ending this 1/8 earlier would work better I personally don't even listen to the snares when following the vocals, that's how literally everything ignores them..
01:03:991 - I read your reasoning for the break, but I think it doesn't work very well cause of things like the piano on 01:05:199 - . maybe you could try something simple like circles on01:05:199 - 01:05:602 - 01:06:407 - http://i.imgur.com/guzjjox.jpg ? About the break... well I do see what you're trying to achieve, but then I'd have to follow 01:04:796 - this too, if not, then people will complain why I followed it here 01:06:407 - . But if I add everything, then it feels too spammy again.. :|

insane
01:06:810 (1) - even if you decide to keep the break on both diffs, at least consider a circle (or maybe 1/4 slider) here, as that would seperate it from the "stop" at 01:07:213 - and give a really nice effect while playing http://i.imgur.com/qBqBPUr.jpg Ah yeah, gives it a nice touch. I did something to the first slider too. I hope it's not too much of a deal for ignoring the DS for 0.1 here, since it's still readable imo and the aesthetics would suffer too much. I have to revert this change, because it felt really unreadable to me in this diff, I guess I'll have to go without that, or do you have a better solution?
01:34:595 (1) - the music changes so much during this, I think having it split like http://i.imgur.com/fZAcj5y.jpg would be great with piano and vocals That's right!

should be all, poke me when ready
I hope you don't mind that I adjusted 00:43:857 (1,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - and 00:57:145 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2) - in tragic death extra, because now it fits the song better.
Lasse
higher resolution bg with less jpeg artifacts:
http://puu.sh/u47yV/0b5730ac3c.jpg

top diff has this

while normal doesn't
I'm also not sure if it's needed at all

break time on 01:03:991 - disappeared? it's there on normal so lol
also 00:55:535 (4) - had nc before. not sure if it's intentional you removed it or a mistake, both are fine anyways
Topic Starter
Irreversible
Fixed the epilepsy warning,
fixed the break time,
added new BG (thanks)

nah the NC was removed on purpose, I felt it was too spammy.

thanks!
Yuii-
Congrats!
Lasse
show more