forum

Osu!mania 3D?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,111
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Pretty much a useless feature.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think mania has a 3d feature.

If you have played (or seen) deemo and soundvortex III, you'll know what I mean. Of course this isn't going to be a feature that forces you to convert to 3d, it's just an option to the skins.
Ted_the_red
I much prefer the depth of field scrolling in Sound Voltex compared to osu!mania's straight down scrolling. I'm not sure how it would be implemented with skins but I still want to see this

support
Supairo
Basically, you're asking for something like this?

Do know that this is something I quickly made and may not be reflective of other users' idea of a 3D mania.
Seems cool. But I don't know how this 3D effect would be implemented...
Tanomoshii Nekojou

koopa712 wrote:

Do know that this is something I quickly made and may not be reflective of other users' idea of a 3D mania.
COOL! :D
Supports to you~! :D
Topic Starter
_Decelerator

koopa712 wrote:

Yes basically something like that. Thanks for doing that.
abraker
add a skin.ini option for how slanted you want the stage to be. 0 would be flat and 100 would be the max slant. Something like
stageSlant = 20
Bara-
That'd look awesome!
Zafufu
Looks cool. I would be fine as long as it's optional. Kinda reminds me of rock band style, rather than DDR.
Vencam
Dig it, as long as it is optional.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator

abraker wrote:

add a skin.ini option for how slanted you want the stage to be. 0 would be flat and 100 would be the max slant. Something like
stageSlant = 20
I was actually thinking of more of a toggle option like 0 and 1, but this would work even better.
Full Tablet

_Decelerator wrote:

stageSlant = 20
Why not make the value be in degrees? (capped to a high slant, like 85°)
That way the value is easier to understand, and the increase of scroll time of each note is more straightforward to calculate.

13720ms * (HitPosition/480) / ScrollSpeed / Cos(stageSlant) (As long as the stage still fills the screen, and is not cropped up to a certain length).
abraker

Full Tablet wrote:

_Decelerator wrote:

stageSlant = 20
Why not make the value be in degrees? (capped to a high slant, like 85°)
That way the value is easier to understand, and the increase of scroll time of each note is more straightforward to calculate.

13720ms * (HitPosition/480) / ScrollSpeed / Cos(stageSlant) (As long as the stage still fills the screen, and is not cropped up to a certain length).
Scroll time of the note should remain constant under the stageSlant to make things simple. My approach just involves the stretching corners of a state as if it is a sprite. As stageSlant increases, the stage's height decreases proportionaly and the top edge of the stage also decreases proportionaly. While those aspects get modified, the stage would still be clipped to the bottom of the screen.

stageSlant 0.0 would mean that the stage takes 100% of the vertical height.
stageSlant 0.25 would mean it would take 75% of the veritical height.
stangeSlant 1.0 would it would take 0% of the vertical height

stageHeight = originalStageHeight/(originalStageHeight * (1.0- stageSlant))

As the stageSlant increase, the top edge of the stage has a decrease in horizontal width by sum(columnWidth)/(stageSlant*sum(columnWidth)) of the original width, where stageSlant is a value from 0.0 to 1.0.

Ofc divide by 0 checking should be included. I hope you understood what I am getting at.
Niick Akira
It would be great , but it would be the decision of the player.
Niick Akira
It would be great , but it would be the decision of the player.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Bumped :(
SmoreJoy
Yes please! +20 stars +60 stars +74 stars
Danshi_old_1
YESYESYES I WAS GOING TO SUGGEST SOMETHING LIKE SOUND VORTEX!
I would add a million stars if I could but I have 0
+1,000,000 from me!
-Maus-
And what do you want to play with it, 3* maps?
abraker

Transformau5 wrote:

And what do you want to play with it, 3* maps?
SDVX Maps, Transformau5. SDVX.... >.>
[ R i v e n ]
I dont have any ground to say much about this, because Im horrible at Mania but I think this would be really cool. :D
show more