forum

Best of 2010 Voting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyclone
It's the end of the year, and it's time for YOU to choose your favorite maps from the 2010 year. The most popular maps will be featured in our yearly chart.

(I'm sorry it took me so long to getting around to getting this prepared.)

If anybody remembers the "Best of 09" chart, then please note there are some very important changes from last year. First and foremost, we are NOT doing this by way of each user's favorite's list anymore. Each user will have to actively visit the designated page to cast their votes. The rules are as follows:

1. You must be logged in to the osu! website and visit the voting page.
  2. You are allowed to cast a total of 10 votes.
  3. The top 30 songs will be featured in the first chart of the 2011 year.
  4. Voting ends on January 5th, 2011, at 11:59 PM
-> Best Beatmaps of 2010 voting page <-

The song list is limited to those maps that were ranked in the 2010 year and have no approved difficulties. It's unfortunate we have to exclude approved unlike last year, but due to a bug discovered in an earlier chart, that's the way it has to be.

Note that voting ends on the 5th. That means the chart will be available on the 6th. The chart will also end on the 31 of January.

Thanks to Echo for making the voting page.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Lilac
What happens to the maps that are ranked say...tomorrow. Or a couple of days before the next year?
Jarby
It would make more sense to do this a little while after the year is over, you know. Oh well, Where The Lines Overlap is still getting my vote until I can think of a better map THE END OF TIME.
Lunah_old
well done cyclone
Shiro
Will it be possible to see the amount of votes for each map after the voting is finished and the chart is up ? This is something I am interested in.
NotShinta
mm, some quite tough choices. Darn Jar's manipulative powers. 666th post btw
Topic Starter
Cyclone

Lilac wrote:

What happens to the maps that are ranked say...tomorrow. Or a couple of days before the next year?

All ranked maps from 2010 (that have no approved difficulties) are eligible. Yes, even those ranked tomorrow.

They may not appear on the list instantly though. I may have to tell echo to refresh it.
Ibuki Suika
Can not seem to see a map rank of the top real-time.....
NatsumeRin
i feel bad since i have 7 pending maps (in fact all WIP) but no one ranked in this month =w=
Echo

Odaril wrote:

Will it be possible to see the amount of votes for each map after the voting is finished and the chart is up ? This is something I am interested in.
We can put up the total votes for each map when the chart goes live (including for the ones that didn't make it into the chart).

Cyclone wrote:

They may not appear on the list instantly though. I may have to tell echo to refresh it.
Assuming everything works, it should automatically refresh itself every 24 hours around 11 pm GMT+13.

The voting does go a few days into next year so there's still time to play and choose maps that are ranked over the next couple of days.
Natteke
Awesome! Was waiting for this :D
So we just vote for the maps we want and leave the page? There won't be any "Submit" button? Jussayin'
arien666

Cyclone wrote:

Voting ends on January 5th, 2011, at 11:59 PM
I wonder what Timeline is followed...
[GMT +??]
K3nsh1n_H1mur4
Any problem to put my votes on my sign? :idea:
GladiOol
why can I vote on my own maps?
seems kinda gay~

also +1 on ztrout.
- Onmyouji
thx man 8-)
Mismagius
You should make something for Approved maps too, since they can't be on the charts (and then they can't be voted). :o
Lunah_old

Blue Dragon wrote:

You should make something for Approved maps too, since they can't be on the charts (and then they can't be voted). :o
inb4nnedforever
Lesjuh
ztrout without a doubt
Mismagius

Lunah wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

inb4nnedforever
Banned forever sucks, i don't like that map, it's not even for my maps :o

That A Little Piece of Heaven map is fabulous, for example.
Backfire
I am going to vote for ztrouts visit. Just cause.
show more