forum

James Training: The path to glory.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ivalset
Are you terribad at osu? Mousing skill not fast enough? Trouble with triplets? Etna Sliders? Annoying spacing? Well, we've got the solution for you. Known to the masses as the "BeForU pack 1", we present to you...James Training.

Surgeon General's Warning: Not recommended to newcomers/people below rank #200000 and Lucidity, honestly.

Surgeon General's Double Warning: Lucidity demands I put this here. This thread is a joke. And by a joke, I mean it works, but you should realize that there are a plethora of methods to improving one's skill, and this is not the only method. It does work, but apparently some people? think it's the only way. This thread was made a little over a year ago, and the game was released over two years ago, so obviously this can't be the only method of improvement.

What is James Training?
  • James Training is a set of rigorous maps designed to push your osu skills to the limit. By repeatedly practicing on this set of six maps, you'll improve yourself on techniques such as:
  1. Mouse control
  2. Deciphering annoying beat patterns
  3. Etna Sliders
  4. Triplets
  5. Quintuplets
  6. All kinds of -plets
  7. Huge jumps
  8. Anger Management
  9. And a lot of other skills I can't put to words!
James training will not improve your skills at:
  1. Spinning spinners
  2. Badly spaced spacing
  3. Overly repetitious repeating sliders
  4. Telepathy
  5. Internet
How do I get some James Training?
  • Download the Beatmap Pack #13 here (which contains the six James Training maps). Only the hard versions are part of James Training -- stick to the hard maps!
This is absolutely ridiculous. How do you expect me to pass these songs?!
  • The beginning is rough, that's for sure. Restarts every 10 seconds, and it looks futile. But keep at it; each failure is a stitch of progress. Soon you'll be passing that map, and you may think it's because you've memorized it -- this is okay. For maps this difficult, memorization won't help you alone. The skills you've developed will elevate your osu ability to new heights.
So I've passed all these songs on hard. Have I finished James Training?
  • Passing is only the first step; to consider yourself an adept of James Training, you'll need to fullcombo all of the maps. A nearly impossible feat, I know. The attempts in trying to FC these maps will better you as an osu! player, guaranteed, 110%.ps: your james training will never be over
Still not convinced? Already, people have begun to live the James training. These people have accepted James as their master, training under his enlightening presence:
  1. Saturos - ??? I don't know if he's accomplished anything. Saturos Edit: Large spacing became easier. FU Ival. <3
  2. Ivalset - Has cleared Twister (Subarausdaidoshaldkasjdioajshiki Mix) without committing suicide
  3. LadySuburu - Went from failing DejaVu (Hard) to passing Calling (Ultimate) in a day!
  4. Mogsworth - After a day of James Training, can (almost) pass We Are!
  5. Remdawg - Was rank #900, and after James Training, is now rank #400+!
  6. RavenlockA - Learned mouse control, and also gained a +4 bonus to his bluff skill check
I discovered James Training on accident. When a certain map with a few annoying spinners/sliders was ranked, I made a bet with a certain individual that he couldn't fc it. If he could, I would go FC all of the BeForU maps. To my surprise, he succeeded in like 5 tries, and I set out unknowingly on the James Training path. Now, weeks later, I can pass Agony, Calling, DejaVu, Twister (Subarashiashdisdksaldsshiki Mix), and a slew of other maps that I was too noob to pass.

Stop sucking at osu!, get some James Training today.

July 7th, 2009: James Training becomes 1 year old today. *sniffle* I...I told myself I wouldn't cry! *sniffle*
August 13th, 2012: Over the past 4 years, James has truly touched our lives in ways unimaginable. However, it's time to let nature run its course. The methods of 4 years ago are ancient and outdated compared to what is necessary today. Knowledge of the wheel is useless when everyone is riding on hoverboards, of course.

ps: lucidity hates james training and you should too because you're bad at it
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ROMaster2
IMHO, I perfer grinding myself from bottom to top difficulty, extremely long (And to the point boring), but works to you to the point, you'll S almost any song, you never even heard of, the first time you try it, be working for me on several cases.
LadySuburu
Ivalset can vouch for me when I say that in ONE DAY I went from failing DejaVu Hard, to beating Calling - Ultimate.

Ivalset may not actually be able to vouch for this. Results will vary. Insanity is likely. Other factors may have caused my sudden growth in skill.

Join James training now!

*Now, off to bed.*
LuigiHann
This training is a sham! I love it!
YoshiKart
A Tablet PC would reduce some difficulties when practicing James Training. This is pure awesome. I got so much better with a mouse now. There goes my accuracy suckage! :D
Saturos
All these strike throughs are getting annoying Yet another happy customer!
LuigiHann
Man, every time I do something mildly interesting or different, everybody's gotta jump on the boat. This post is about James Training!
Mogsy
I have committed suicide many times because of James Training and strikethroughs, only to be Phoenix Down'd just as many times. Bastards. James Training! :D
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
I want my money back.
James
Sure. Here.

lionel6910
Pulls out M82 Barrett Anti-matter rifle and shoots my head off ITS A GOOD TRAINING EXERCISE!! Thank you James, we salute to you!! :) :) :) (As if you f***ing maniac)
Topic Starter
Ivalset

lionel6910 wrote:

Pulls out M82 Barrett Anti-matter rifle and shoots my head off ITS A GOOD TRAINING EXERCISE!! Thank you James, we salute to you!! :) :) :) (As if you f***ing maniac)
Unbelieveable. You would insinuate that our great James is a maniac? Heathen.
Druid_old
Woahh... Yaaay! *Downloads*
Mogsy
Honestly, holy crap. I've been playing offline all day so I don't raise my playcount, but man, I've actually nearly passed We Are after one day.

Off to train more. :U
Zerostarry
James
satisfied customer = 893248932849
unsatisfied = 1
lionel6910
James
k
show more