forum

[Archived] Scrolling Bug in Song Select

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Grillzy
Problem Details:
Listen, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread or whatever, but I've already checked the help threads and none of the options listed helped my case.

Anyways, whenever I first go on my computer and open Osu!, the scrolling bug doesn't happen. But. if I close out osu! and don't restart my computer and then open it back up, the scrolling glitch happens.

Please don't say leave osu! running in the background

My mouse isn't a factor in this problem (unplugged it whilst in song select)

I'm unsure if it is the sticking key glitch described in a different thread here : https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/1206419 I have tried my best to mash all the buttons on my keyboard but nothing has happened

I really do not wish to restart my computer every time I want to play Osu!, if anyone knows a fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Windows Version 7 Home Premium
Computer: Laptop (MSI)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://gyazo.com/154ae310c39a3153ad99891761a03158

osu! version: 20160226.2 (latest)
VeilStar
Have a read through this thread (or this post more specifically) and see if that's the issue you're experiencing.
Topic Starter
Grillzy

VeilStar wrote:

Have a read through this thread (or this post more specifically) and see if that's the issue you're experiencing.
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work.
TheVileOne
It definitely sounds like a key is stuck that triggers the scrolling. There was also an ancient scrolling issue with joysticks. I don't know if that still applies at all. It shouldn't.
Topic Starter
Grillzy
I have done some testing and found out what the cause is. I have a GameCube controller adapter and I use it quite often to play Melee online. In order to use the adapter I have to run a program. For some reason after the program has been run on my computer once I get the scrolling bug. But every time before I run the program, there is no scrolling issue. I have tried checking my task manager for the program but can't seem to find anything. I'm not sure what to do, if someone has questions or an answer please reply, thanks.
DoctorAche
I had the same problem as you for a while, and I've found a fix that works for now. Assuming you're using the Wii U USB GCN adapter, just open it up and go to Configuration, then disable ports 1-3 ("Enabled" will go black). It doesn't let you kill all four ports, but even with the fourth port on osu! stops auto-scrolling. Hope this helps.