forum

[Archived] I couldn't chat in osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mothernature
Problem Details:A while ago i was playing in a multi room. At first, i could chat normally, but then i don't know why i couldn't anymore. I could type characters in the chat box but when i pressed Enter (Both Enter on the keyboard), i couldn't send what i had written. I tried to change between the channels but it didn't work either. After multiplaying, i restarted osu!, it didn't work for a while. And when i was typing this, i tried again, and it works now! The thing is maybe the user can restart osu! and the problem is gone, but it is a bit inconvenient in some situations.

osu! version: 20151228.3 (latest)
Bara-
Did searching work? Could you type in-game fine (not in the chat, when searching for maps)?
Topic Starter
mothernature
Yes, it worked
Bara-
Here are some threads with similar issues, maybe some of them offer some help
t/231796?hilit=chat+enter
t/193747?hilit=chat+enter
t/168587?hilit=chat+enter
t/342772?hilit=chat+enter
t/249180?hilit=chat+enter

tl;dr, try using Ctrl+Enter or the Enter at the numpad
Topic Starter
mothernature
Thanks. Maybe i will try Ctrl+Enter later if the problem occurs again. I tried the Enter at the numpad and it didn't work though. Anyway, thanks.
VeilStar
Did it clear the entered text upon pressing enter but not send it? Also, were you in gameplay or on the pauze screen when this happened?
Topic Starter
mothernature
No, it didn't clear the entered text upon pressing enter but not send it. And i was on the pause screen when that happened.