forum

[Archived] Problem with various scalers in options

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Problem Details:
if i want to adjust pretty much anything that has an adjustment scaler, i have to be RIGHT over the line for anything to happen. if i dont, it just skips to the next song in my library and doesnt do anything else. i prefer to use the arrow keys to make finer adjustments than to have to keep clicking around hoping to find the right setting, and this happens literally every time i try to adjust it.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/n1B1F/7e4d0e3a08.mp4

osu! version: 20151228.2
Bara-
You can use the Arrow keys in settings
Topic Starter
I was using the arrow keys lol
Ted_the_red
as long as your cursor is in the general area around the slider you should be able to use the arrow keys to adjust it. I just tested this and your cursor doesn't have to be that precise

edit: apparently you can't do this in song select unless it is exactly on the slider
never mind you can do it
Topic Starter
So why is it that I have to be right on the line to make any adjustments? And yes I've updated osu.
Bara-
Whenever the numbers are visible the arrow keys should work. No need to be precise
Topic Starter
oh really? just the numbers have to be visible huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKd0fmUCx74

lol
Mr HeliX
Same thing happening here. If my cursor is not on the line, it will go to next/previous song instead.

I tried various settings but couldn't find what was causing it. Maybe your cursor is just that large that it's always on that line anyway :3
Ted_the_red
yeah your right. after messing around with it a little more the activation is something like this

red=point were numbers show up
green= center pixel cursor placement for arrow key manipulation

the green area is just eyeball estimate and it might even be smaller
Bara-
That's weird. Does it work properly on all builds? I know it works fine on fallback and CE, or at least for me
Topic Starter

Ted wrote:

yeah your right. after messing around with it a little more the activation is something like this

red=point were numbers show up
green= center pixel cursor placement for arrow key manipulation

the green area is just eyeball estimate and it might even be smaller
Yea def feels that way. Pretty stupid to have it function that way though, would rather just have the area that darkens be the area of actual functionality.
Ted_the_red

Bara- wrote:

That's weird. Does it work properly on all builds? I know it works fine on fallback and CE, or at least for me

I tested this on CE

edit: It's like this on stable(latest) as well
VeilStar
Ehh, it might not be the most intuitive thing ever, but it's not exactly something I'd consider an issue either. This is working as intended if you ask me.
Topic Starter
its working as intended huh. lol so why is it that the numbers appear, yet im unable to make adjustments when viewing them? does that really sound like the intended way its supposed to function? really? come on dude.
VeilStar
You can only interact with the slider within the slider element's area. The tooltip hover area is bigger than the slider, and this area is not a part of the slider, but the slider is a part of that area. Therefore there is nothing incorrect about this.

There's only 3 options you have for something like this; Either have it the way it is right now, or shrink the tooltip hover area to match the slider element's area, or change it so that pressing left/right on the hover area changes the value of the slider accordingly (which is what you think it should be like).

As I said, the first option might not be the most intuitive one, but there is nothing wrong with it either. You're free to disagree, but I can't confirm this as an issue.
Topic Starter
eh i guess youre right. not really an issue per se; just annoying and inconvenient is all. figure if it displays the numbers, why not be able to adjust it from wherever within the box.