forum

[resolved] can't update Osu!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Otakmaster
Problem Details: everytime i try to download the last version of osu the updater says there is an error in the internet connection and it just starts again and it just never update.
with this i can't download beatmaps, and i can't upload my scores.
Uniterno
So this is possible your Internet connection and/or your Firewall configuration.
Are you using a Proxy service?

About the update, try these options:
- Hold Shift when updating.
- Open Repair Osu! shortcut in Osu! folder.

If this didn't work, switch to cutting-edge, fallback or beta. (Assuming you're in stable, if not, switch to stable).
If you can't even switch:

- Open the Osu!.cfg in Osu! folder with Notepad or similar.
- Change the Release Stream.*
- Open Osu! again.

Topic Starter
Otakmaster

Uniterno wrote:

So this is possible your Internet connection and/or your Firewall configuration.
Are you using a Proxy service?

About the update, try these options:
- Hold Shift when updating.
- Open Repair Osu! shortcut in Osu! folder.

If this didn't work, switch to cutting-edge, fallback or beta. (Assuming you're in stable, if not, switch to stable).
If you can't even switch:

- Open the Osu!.cfg in Osu! folder with Notepad or similar.
- Change the Release Stream.*
- Open Osu! again.

oh man, don't get it, i don't have any repair osu exe, and even with the shift it isn't working, but there is one hope, the thing is that i don't understand the Release stream thing. so yeah if you can explain me i'll thank you xD
Uniterno
Repair Osu! exe:

- Go to Osu! folder (in my case, using Windows 10): C: > Users > Uniterno > AppData > Local > Osu! > repair osu

Release Stream:

In the Osu! folder, there's an osu!.cfg, open it with Notepad or any text editor (Notepad is the easier one, so I recommend it)
Change the variable (in my case, is "CuttingEdge"). If you're in CE, switch to stable changing it to "Stable". If you're in Stable, switch to CE changing it to "CuttingEdge".
Topic Starter
Otakmaster

Uniterno wrote:

Repair Osu! exe:

- Go to Osu! folder (in my case, using Windows 10): C: > Users > Uniterno > AppData > Local > Osu! > repair osu

Release Stream:

In the Osu! folder, there's an osu!.cfg, open it with Notepad or any text editor (Notepad is the easier one, so I recommend it)
Change the variable (in my case, is "CuttingEdge"). If you're in CE, switch to stable changing it to "Stable". If you're in Stable, switch to CE changing it to "CuttingEdge".
only have like, 6 things in the osu! folder, it's like incomplete.
Pd: at first i had to download the old osu version so i could play it, cuz when i downloaded osu in the actual version i got the same problem.
Uniterno

Otakmaster wrote:

Uniterno wrote:

Repair Osu! exe:

Release Stream:

only have like, 6 things in the osu! folder, it's like incomplete.
Pd: at first i had to download the old osu version so i could play it, cuz when i downloaded osu in the actual version i got the same problem.

Reinstall Osu!
It looks like you're missing a lot of important stuff, you'll need to download Osu! again from here . Make sure your Antivirus Software or Firewall is disabled when doing this, due to is possible that your problem is related to that.

After reinstalling Osu!, look at your Osu! folder, you should have all the files like the pictures. If you don't, something's happening with your download/install.
Topic Starter
Otakmaster
Reinstall Osu!
It looks like you're missing a lot of important stuff, you'll need to download Osu! again from here. Make sure your Antivirus Software or Firewall is disabled when doing this, due to is possible that your problem is related to that.

After reinstalling Osu!, look at your Osu! folder, you should have all the files like the pictures. If you don't, something's happening with your download/install.[/quote]
oh man, it worked, i don't know how but it updated and it's working perfectly, thank you very much i guess :D :D
i think it was the folder location, because when i move it to ex: program files 86x it didn't upgrade, so yeah my mistake xD