forum

How do I insert an video into osu! for your beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JetpackPercy
I can't seem to do it, help now.
Starrodkirby86
Located within the FAQ.

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/faq#c11

Click on the Design Tab. There is a button called "Insert Background". When clicked, a dialog box will appear, allowing you to browse to the image or video you want added. The image/video will automatically be copied into the song folder, and will be included when submitting your beatmap. Some notes:

Images can be in JPG or PNG format. It is best if you keep them under 800x600 in size.
Videos should be encoded using DiVX, xvid or similar codecs. Try and remove the audio to save on file size. Also look at this handy thread by Gilrad for more video editing tips.
Images and videos can be removed by deleting them from the song folder.
If you haven't read the FAQ at all, then I highly recommend you do so. :)

Also, moving this.
Decipher
Wew, video maybe make the beatmap cool, but are the size of beatmap will bigger? :D
blissfulyoshi
Videos do make the beatmap larger, but as long as you stay under 20mb you are fine (24mb might be the limit now, but don't try to push it too far)
Pinkster7

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Located within the FAQ.

Click on the Design Tab. There is a button called "Insert Background". When clicked, a dialog box will appear, allowing you to browse to the image or video you want added. The image/video will automatically be copied into the song folder, and will be included when submitting your beatmap. Some notes:

Images can be in JPG or PNG format. It is best if you keep them under 800x600 in size.
Videos should be encoded using DiVX, xvid or similar codecs. Try and remove the audio to save on file size. Also look at this handy thread by Gilrad for more video editing tips.

Also, moving this.
Thank you so much!!
Vahn 005
What format should I convert the video to? I still can't insert the video, thanks
blissfulyoshi
You should try to put it into .avi. If you need help follow t/96003
Vahn 005
And how can I insert the background when you are choosing the music u want to play? thx
blissfulyoshi
In the editor, drag and drop the .jpg you want as the background, into osu!
Vahn 005
after i uploaded my beatmap, it said distributing to global network. Why it takes long time??
Ayesha Altugle
You must have the same problem as this.
Vahn 005
and it said mine is latest pending version. what do I have to do??? thanks for helping
d_mangomango
Do the videos have to be under 20 mb or can they be bigger in size? (maybe 40 mb)
blissfulyoshi
Videos can be any size you want, but for submission/ranking, normal maps must have a total of 25mb total for everything (mp3 + video + images + etc), while marathon maps have a limit of 100mb. If you want something larger, you can host a 2nd version outside of osu!
SyraxAxoJaxco

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Videos can be any size you want, but for submission/ranking, normal maps must have a total of 25mb total for everything (mp3 + video + images + etc)
Aww, total of my beatmaps' size is 28mb :( . Of course, that's included the video. So, what should i do? Find another file of music?
blissfulyoshi
Well, first step, check for anything that can be trimmed or shurnk, your video, your bg, sb, etc.
You can save like a very small amount of space (like 0.3mb if you have a lot of images) with a filesize optimizer http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/stati ... eOptimizer
If you can make your video encode slightly smaller, I recommend doing that.
Afterward, you have to make your decision on what to shrink next. A lossy shrinking of the bg might work.
DollyWink-
Last night i downloaded a 52mb video but i didnt know it had to be 24mb until i searched this up. When i put the 52mb video in my map it worked but it couldnt upload cause it was 52mb. So i re downloaded the video (made it 22mb) but it didnt work._. I downloaded my video on this website: http://www.clipconverter.cc/ I moved to moviemaker to take out the sounds.. when i tried to put the video in my map, it said ''An error occurred during the import process. This could mean the image/video file is unready by osu''.. :?
Kibbleru

DollyWink- wrote:

Last night i downloaded a 52mb video but i didnt know it had to be 24mb until i searched this up. When i put the 52mb video in my map it worked but it couldnt upload cause it was 52mb. So i re downloaded the video (made it 22mb) but it didnt work._. I downloaded my video on this website: http://www.clipconverter.cc/ I moved to moviemaker to take out the sounds.. when i tried to put the video in my map, it said ''An error occurred during the import process. This could mean the image/video file is unready by osu''.. :?
24 mb is the limit for the TOTAL osu file. so if you have a 22 mb video, if the mp3 and background and stuff exceeds 2 mb, then you'll still end up with over 24 mb

also please don't necro threads, just make a new one for these purposes lol
Chiraux

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Located within the FAQ.

Also, moving this.
Thanks, but I have the same issue, but I can't use mp4 and can't find any other way to download the vid. Is there a certain kind of way I need to have it besides mp4? And do you even know? XD
Bara-
.flv or .avi should work
show more