forum

Channel and sub-forum for Baltic countries

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +754
Topic Starter
kleps
So Baltic countries (Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia) have been trying to get their own separate channel or/and sub-forum for ages without any luck, purely because there isn't enough players. But if we put all 3 countries into consideration (something similar to Scandinavian) there would be huge interest to get #baltic channel and Baltic sub-forum. Sub-forum would give all 3 countries a separate corner in forums where they would be able to host tournaments, polls, competitions and so on. Even though we don't speak the same language (neither does Scandinavian), #baltic channel would be in our interest too to get to know new people and have interesting mutual discussions.

Active users
Lithuania - 8,802
Latvia - 4,255
Estonia - 5,080

Which sums up to: 18,137 active users!

I believe this is more than enough to make this happen. Thank you!
Bara-
I think this has some potential (at least more then seperates)
Good luck!
lly
This could very well work. The balkans have their own channel afaik and they aren't extremely big in osu! so I don't see why we couldn't have a channel of our own too.
And since it's #baltic and not #estonian (like 3 years ago which got closed down due to massive inactivity) it should be pretty active.
Hyou Subaru
I support this as I have just started using forum but, unfortunately, latvians have kinda given up and latvian forum doesn't get the activity it used to, so this might get them interested once again.
And Estonian president just married a women from Latvia, so...
Also on this topic, I doubt we will ever see #latvian Yes, we are still salty sailors about that!, but atleast we might get #baltic?
Torment
taj cia visjai gers grajs

Would like this :)
AlphaFlow
Aprove! ^^
- Marco -
Just passing by to say good luck on the approval of this channel :D/
Madokaaa
Would be so nice
imasushiroll
this has my full support even though i`m more of a forum lurker :)
KirmiShinigami
Agreed from Estonia! Three countries separately will not likely get channels, but if we all unite for #Baltic channel, THAT would be achievable!
watewer
hyyypeeeee need this so much!
Mregoo
Yeah, considering the population from all three countries combined, I see no reason for us not to get one, really. Besides, we all have quite a bunch of active players and I'm pretty sure most of them have no problems with English, so language barrier can't be a reason for #baltic not to be made.
lilynya
Dianthus
Yeah, but if it actually does become a thing then it should somehow be made known to Baltic players, because I'm pretty sure most of the players wouldn't even realize/check whether it exists or not.
lilynya

Hedgeturtle wrote:

Yeah, but if it actually does become a thing then it should somehow be made known to Baltic players, because I'm pretty sure most of the players wouldn't even realize/check whether it exists or not.
Connect them automatically to the #Baltic channel for a set period of time?
Topic Starter
kleps

Aeii wrote:

Connect them automatically to the #Baltic channel for a set period of time?
Seems like the best solution!
Haganenno
Furthermore:

#Baltic channel for Lithuanians and Latvians, #FinnoUgric for Estonians and Finns (This could be considered, but probably ain't happening because Finnish community is strong).

Lithuania has a playerbase of 8k active users and is in #39 country ranking, surpassing countries like Colombia or Peru, countries which have 15-17k active users and having an average performance of 126, beating all the countries up to Finland (#20). I think Lithuanian osu! community is loyal and dedicated enough to grab #Baltic for us and our Baltic brothers, especially when they are playing well and aren't slacking either ;) (Estonia has an average performance even higher and Latvia is beating most countries on it as well)

So... peppy please?
OrkkeD
Yup. I agree! This is a convenient thing :p
Hexas
AleksandrsCaks
Great idea! :)
show more