forum

Multiplayer picks and bans

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +137
Topic Starter
Faustas156
The idea is like this:
(prepare yourself for bad photoshop skills)

This is an idea for tournaments and such, voting for which maps should be picked, normally this shouldnt be made as a normal team mode, tho players can choose if they want this as a team mode.
Preferably they can choose whenever they want to pick mods.
Bara-
Can be nice I guess
AR10 Only
Could be great only if it is an option you add when you create the room because it will be even longer to play in multiplayer if people have to download AND vote
Endaris
That's interesting to say the least. Certainly one of your better ideas so far.
The image suggests that you want this for forced mods too. I wouldn't agree with that one but for map selection this sounds somewhat appealing.
Topic Starter
Faustas156

Endaris wrote:

That's interesting to say the least. Certainly one of your better ideas so far.
The image suggests that you want this for forced mods too. I wouldn't agree with that one but for map selection this sounds somewhat appealing.
Thank you! :)
abraker
mp voting system overhaul
I like
Topic Starter
Faustas156
bump
Bara-
Please don't bump threads which are less then 28 days old
Pawsu
This is definitely a duplicate, as seen here: t/20621/start=0
It's marked duplicate but I can't find the original.
I guess it's okay by now since there's stars.
I would change the title to something like "Voting to change map" or something around that. The current seems very...unique to me
Edit: I found this t/124407 and it sounds much better, and also has way more stars than this.
SkyHill
I'd like something to the effect of every player gets in and can ban a certain map. Like say my weakest map is No title [insert difficulty] so i ban it so i know i don't have to play it. As for picks idk how you would implement that, maybe everyone chooses their map and it goes in a queue/list? then in that case you could choose what maps shouldn't be there. and it takes more than 1 vote to get it off? jeez lots of stuff to think about with this but i like the idea
Topic Starter
Faustas156
sorry for quick bumping
i was inactive for a long time now ;-;
Endaris

Baraatje123 wrote:

Please don't bump threads which are less then 28 days old
28 days since the last post.
Topic Starter
Faustas156
bump
Cloudchaser
It's good. I would be fun to select what's better for one
Zafufu
Holy chat tabs... But on topic, it does sound like a nice idea, especially when there is host rotation. And I agree with the mod part, especially when one of the hosts decides to try forcing DT/NC on the group (People could just leave and find a better room, but it'd be easy if we can just vote the mod out and continue our current one.) My only question is if a 3 map limit will be enough for the many possible maps a huge group could put in. But I guess if they are able to replace a ban marker, it wouldn't be a huge issue. I think this feature would greatly support host rotations in the end, and help us silence the trolls trying to make us play highly undesired maps or mods.

Maybe an addition to the idea could be a way to vote a general star limit for the group?
Topic Starter
Faustas156
i have no idea why i'm bumping if it's not 28 days since the last post looks like i'm "inpatient"
Topic Starter
Faustas156
bump
Topic Starter
Faustas156
bumping because of the "Feature Request Guidelines."
Topic Starter
Faustas156
bump
Nathanael
You don't need to bump your request everytime it goes inactive.

In my opinion, not a good idea because the host will be pointless. This is only good if there is an elo system like on LoL.

It could be better if a host can assign a user to set up their match (which is already requested) but the host can set restrictions (e.g. disabling mods, limiting star difficulty) because they created that room. If they didn't like it, they can ask the assigned user to change it their way (or even the host themselves can do it).
show more