forum

Mario Tennis 64 - Peach's Secret Court

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drezus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on segunda-feira, 8 de setembro de 2008 at 15:11:49

Artist: Mario Tennis 64
Title: Peach's Secret Court
BPM: 154,9
Filesize: 4673kb
Play Time: 01:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Game Point (0,68 stars, 55 notes)
  2. Set Point (1,58 stars, 91 notes)
  3. Break Point (3,36 stars, 157 notes)
  4. Match Point (4,87 stars, 266 notes)
Download: Mario Tennis 64 - Peach's Secret Court
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Final update (Hopefully): I have attached the new Easy (Game Point) and Insane (Match Point) difficulties on the post, so they can analyzed and, soon, ranked again with the old, finished versions. I'm sorry for all the trouble!

Download: Mario Tennis 64 - Peach's Secret Court.osz
Topic Starter
Drezus
Could anyone resurrect this post? I'm going to update it.
LuigiHann
Moved to help. Do a full submission when you update.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
Wow, the custom skin stuff is awesome. Great job. I didn't see the video you had before, but I think the map works fine without one. Background image is nice.

Fun little map. A harder difficulty would be welcomed.
Topic Starter
Drezus
EDIT: Yeah, actually, I changed the beatmap's author (to Nintendo since then the source could be Mario tennis) and accidentally did a standard submission instead of the full one.

But don't worry, I'll finish some more difficulties and make a new topic on Complete Beatmaps. I was able to recover the old one, so I'll just need to make more difficulties from it.
peppy
PM me if you still run into troubles with submitting this map (with as much detail as you can). I love the skin, but yeah - one more difficulty wouldn't go astray. There's too much quality in here to settle for a single difficulty.

Starred
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Dude, that was freakin' AWESOME!

Can't wait for another difficulty. <3
peppy
I have fixed up the linking to your new version. Please do a resubmit (standard) to update the forum post's metadata with new difficulty and all :).
lukewarmholiday
*downloads the shiny new difficulty*

*plays the shiny new difficulty*

*enjoys the shiny new difficulty*

WE NEED A MOD HERE
peppy
No problems with this. Bubbled!
Topic Starter
Drezus

lukewarmholiday wrote:

*downloads the shiny new difficulty*

*plays the shiny new difficulty*

*enjoys the shiny new difficulty*

WE NEED A MOD HERE
:) Thanks.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Uh oh, spacing nazi time.

[Break Point]
00:13:37 (3) - Closer to 2.
00:16:47 (3) - Closer to 2.
00:19:23 (1) - Too close to 2 and 3, that's a direct infringement of spacing laws. Do something about this.
00:57:32 (1) - I see you changed the spacing here, but I think 1 needs to be a little bit farther from 2 and 3.
01:00:42 (1) - As the line above.
01:03:52 (1) - Seriously, this spacing is starting to annoy me. This is way too close to 2.
01:09:71 (1) - Are you even trying to use distance snapping? Hold down ALT while placing notes to see how far they should be placed. Placing them wherever you want causes confusion. The way most of your map is spaced right now is the way -I- used to do spacing-- confusion course.
01:12:81 (1) - Fix the spacing
01:19:01 (1) - Spacing -_-
01:51:54 (1,2,3) - I know you're trying to keep it online, but I don't like this spacing. =/

I want Echo to take a look at these, he's better at detecting bad spacing.
Topic Starter
Drezus

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

Uh oh, spacing nazi time.

[Break Point]
00:13:37 (3) - Closer to 2.
00:16:47 (3) - Closer to 2.
00:19:23 (1) - Too close to 2 and 3, that's a direct infringement of spacing laws. Do something about this.
00:57:32 (1) - I see you changed the spacing here, but I think 1 needs to be a little bit farther from 2 and 3.
01:00:42 (1) - As the line above.
01:03:52 (1) - Seriously, this spacing is starting to annoy me. This is way too close to 2.
01:09:71 (1) - Are you even trying to use distance snapping? Hold down ALT while placing notes to see how far they should be placed. Placing them wherever you want causes confusion. The way most of your map is spaced right now is the way -I- used to do spacing-- confusion course.
01:12:81 (1) - Fix the spacing
01:19:01 (1) - Spacing -_-
01:51:54 (1,2,3) - I know you're trying to keep it online, but I don't like this spacing. =/

I want Echo to take a look at these, he's better at detecting bad spacing.
Reuploaded. Try playing it again, and see if it's better. Also, on Break Point, a little after the first spinner, everything is the same as in Set Point, so I spaced the notes on the Set Point difficulty, too.

On a side note, It might sound stupid, but I never used Note Spacing before. Actually, I didn't really knew it's importance, but now I understood. Without it, the notes aren't placed along the grid in a rythmically..."pleasant" way, they're just placed visually (so they all look straight and aligned). With it, it's much easier to guess when you have to hit the notes, and doesn't makes the mouse distance/movement slow in some parts and fast in others.

Anyway, take a look at it again.

EDIT: Also, I know the faulty spacing downgraded the map from bubbled to starred....but there's no star at all!
Hitoshirenu Shourai
EDIT: Also, I know the faulty spacing downgraded the map from bubbled to starred....but there's no star at all!
I didn't do that, you did by editing the original post. Instead of editing on the forums, edit while you're re-uploading via osu!

Returning to star.
Topic Starter
Drezus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
machol30
BPM: 154.9
Offset: 0

Resnap and Recalculate

Set Point:
00:13:37 (3) - too close to 2!
00:16:47 (3) - same
00:57:32 (1,2,3,4) - spacing is weird here
01:00:42 (1,2,3,4) - same
01:04:10 (2) - farther away from 3 so spacing is more like 3 and 4
01:16:49 (2) - same
01:19:01 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I would position more like 00:21:70 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

Break Point:
01:39:16 (1) - overlapping spinner is a big no-no!!

I would also go back and resnap all notes to the grid. Make sure that grid snap is on because I noticed some unsnapped.
Topic Starter
Drezus

buraimaster1234 wrote:

BPM: 154.9
Offset: 0

Resnap and Recalculate

Set Point:
00:13:37 (3) - too close to 2!
00:16:47 (3) - same
00:57:32 (1,2,3,4) - spacing is weird here
01:00:42 (1,2,3,4) - same
01:04:10 (2) - farther away from 3 so spacing is more like 3 and 4
01:16:49 (2) - same
01:19:01 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I would position more like 00:21:70 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

Break Point:
01:39:16 (1) - overlapping spinner is a big no-no!!

I would also go back and resnap all notes to the grid. Make sure that grid snap is on because I noticed some unsnapped.
OSHI! I didn't even noticed those overlapping spinners! How do you saw them there?! 0_o

Well, anyway, I already have it fixed. The unsnapped-to-the-grid notes were also resnapped. They were like that because some forms didn't really stayed symetric in the grid, but I guess it's better with them on-grid.

I hope it's better now.
machol30
Okay, one more thing...

Break Point:
00:57:90 (2,3) - too close
01:01:00 (2,3) - same
peppy
Seriously you guys are way too harsh on spacing.
show more