forum

[Archived] Got music but my screen show nothing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lovewin
Problem Details:

My Osu! can open and was also playing music, however, the screen was all black, showing nothing. When I move my mouse, I can also hear the sound effect, but the screen was still black, what should I do?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151127.2
VeilStar
Hold shift when opening osu! untill a configuration window pops up. Set your renderer to DirectX if it's not already set to that.

If it happens when using DirectX this sounds like a driver issue. What on your system changed when this started happening?
Topic Starter
Lovewin
My renderer only have one option, it is to select compatibility mode or not, i can't find any DirectX.
And what did you mean by what on my system changed?
VeilStar

Lovewin wrote:

My renderer only have one option, it is to select compatibility mode or not, i can't find any DirectX.
Right, you're not on the Fallback release stream, my bad. Does enabling (or disabling) compatibility mode make a difference in the issue or not?

Lovewin wrote:

And what did you mean by what on my system changed?
Driver installations, windows updates, etc.
Topic Starter
Lovewin
Enabling (or disabling) compatibility mode didn't make a difference.
Except my friend connect his phone to my computer using a cable before, I think nothing changed
VeilStar
That's really strange. If you roll back to the Stable Fallback release stream from the configuration window, does the issue persist?
Also, does the same happen in different games, such as LoL or so?

I'm just throwing things at you to try at the moment, just to get a better idea of where the issue could be.