forum

[Archived] my skin doesn't work properly.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Anominous_old
Problem Details:
I finished making my first skin but when i tried converting the folder to .osk, the file size decreased by over 50% which i thought was not normal because all the other user's .osk skins were almost the same size as their original folder. I opened my skin to test if it would work properly before sharing it to others but the preview that osu! displayed was not of my native screen resolution size, therefore, the circles were outside my screen and the scorebar was misaligned. But after i exited the preview, the skin and the elements were back to normal just like it was before converting to .osk. I don't know the cause but i think it had something to do with the skin.ini which i got from the "User" Skin folder. I didn't actually add much details but only the Name and Author and left everything else untouched cause i don't know much about skin.ini settings. Do i have to fill up everything to make skin.ini work properly or does osu! just prefer the defaults for the missing commands?

These are the skin.ini contents:

[General]
Name:
Author:
Version: 2.6
[Mania]
Keys: 4
[Mania]
Keys: 5
[Mania]
Keys: 6
[Mania]
Keys: 7

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151121.2
VeilStar
You don't have to fill everything in the skin.ini. If a setting isn't found it will just use the default one instead.

Anyway, I've never heard of this happening. Could you share the skin so that I/we can have a look at the issue from our side?
Topic Starter
Anominous_old
http://osuskins.info/skin?s=1706
I don't know if the preview malfunction thing happens on my laptop only but if you notice something wrong too, please let me know.
I also didn't ask permission from the skin owners to copy/modify the parts, that's not a big deal isn't it? since the parts seem so popular and almost everyone has it on their skins, I thought maybe the copyright thing isn't effective anymore.
VeilStar

Anominous wrote:

when i tried converting the folder to .osk, the file size decreased by over 50% which i thought was not normal because all the other user's .osk skins were almost the same size as their original folder.
This is quite normal. Don't worry about it.

Anominous wrote:

the scorebar was misaligned
This seems to be an issue with the game, and not your skin.

Anominous wrote:

the circles were outside my screen
No idea what this is about. I didn't see anything like that happening.

Anominous wrote:

I also didn't ask permission from the skin owners to copy/modify the parts, that's not a big deal isn't it?
It's probably fine as long as you don't claim to have made the skin elements.