forum

[Archived] Frame Spikes, (With Pictures!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EpiX0R
Problem

So, since the Stable (Latest) stream was released I've been getting very wierd frame spikes (like alot of other players). And this is getting pretty annoying since it happens almost once or twice every song (no matter the length). The spikes last for about 0.25-0.5 seconds (wild guess) and I'm creating this thread in hope of help. Pretty sure there are other ones like this but I'll just see if I can get anything out from it.

Notable Info

So things I've noticed during the frame skips are that
  • *You can't hit circles during the skips, for example if you were hovering over a circle and clicked in the correct timing you would still miss it, like the whole playfield dissapears for some time.
    *No difference between mod combos
    *Impossible to FC maps

Stuff I've tried for fixing this:

• *Compatability mode: Didn't fix anything (I just got +6ms input delay, yaay!)
    *Reduced frame skipping: Well, I don't get the frame skips as often whilst playing but I still do
    *Detect performance issues: Didn't fix anything (Still seemed to get +6ms here aswell)

Hardware

Before all of you go ham on me for not posting system specs I'll put them here:

GPU: GeForce GTX 960 SSC
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (6 cores)
Harddrive: Sandisk SSD 254 GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 RAM

(And yes, I'm rolling 144hz)

Pictures

This is the frameskip whilst playing (7ms input delay when paused and in menus)

And yes, I did get the frameskip right after I paused.

Any help to this will be appreciated and added under this sentence:

osu! version: 20151127.2
Trosk-
If you are having performance problems, first of all make sure to have your GPU drivers up to date and close background processes that you don't need to play. After that, change your release stream to Cutting Edge, and if it's still happening, go to this thread and report your problem, providing your PC specs and your performance.log archive (osu!\Logs) after playing a bit and getting those stutters.

Also, if you want to help more, you can get into the osu! public Slack and report your problem in #cuttingedge, so it's easier to test and troubleshoot the problem with you.
Topic Starter
EpiX0R
I am already on the cutting edge stream. However I will check the logs and submit to help with bugs.