forum

[Archived] osu! preventing a computer shut down

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Nothing really major, but I noticed this today.

I was in a hurry so I just went to shut down my PC without looking, and when I came back home I noticed my PC was still on. When I checked why, it was trying to close osu! but it never did. The game was still running normally - was on song select. I exited it manually afterwards normally.
Flanster
Where did you leave osu! running at before shutting down?
VeilStar
I often have osu! minimized to the tray when shutting down. This never caused any issues for me. Also, shouldn't your OS decide to eventually force close whatever is preventing it from shutting down..?
Topic Starter
lolcubes

LoliFlan wrote:

Where did you leave osu! running at before shutting down?
I believe it was either song select or probably the score window after finishing a map. When I got home it was on song screen at least, but this could be related, since if you finish a map and press alt+f4 at the score screen, it brings you back to song select, at least it does for me.

VeilStar wrote:

I often have osu! minimized to the tray when shutting down. This never caused any issues for me. Also, shouldn't your OS decide to eventually force close whatever is preventing it from shutting down..?
While this is true, the screen was there but it was stuck on "waiting for programs to close..." , basically it was trying to close it, but it never did.