forum

[Archived] Got my SLI working, but now Osu! crashes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiTheVG
So guys, for about a year my SLI was annoying and wouldn't work. Today I got it to work (NVIDIA stuff by the way).
It seems to have started making issues with Osu! though I haven't tried other games yet. If I tr to change settings related to resolution or other things my monitor goes black and I have to shut down the PC via the power button.
Is there anything I've done wrong? Is SLI not compatible or something?
Trosk-
Well, I don't actually recommend you to use SLI in osu!, you don't actually need it, and it's probably causing these problems. Is it crashing even if you don't change resolution settings?
Topic Starter
LuigiTheVG
I established the SLI across my PC, is there a way to disable SLI just for Osu? And it only seems to happen when I change resolution.
Along with this my mouse ms seems extremely high. Around 4.3. Previously it was lower but I can't mess with settings now cause it's crashing.
Trosk-

LuigiTheVG wrote:

I established the SLI across my PC, is there a way to disable SLI just for Osu? And it only seems to happen when I change resolution.
Along with this my mouse ms seems extremely high. Around 4.3. Previously it was lower but I can't mess with settings now cause it's crashing.
Is it still 4.3ms while playing? The framerate is limited in menus now, unless you hold Alt.
Topic Starter
LuigiTheVG
On occasion it drops to about 1ish, but it jumps a lot.
And also it sorta stutters sometimes.
VeilStar
I used to run an SLI setup untill recently. SLI shouldn't cause any issues in osu! or any other games for that matter.

Worst case scenario it would cause micro stuttering and would give you worse performance.
Best case scenario your performance would be doubled. (Assuming you're using 2 GPUs.)

And no, you can't disable SLI per game.

Anyhow, it sounds like your graphics drivers are failing if your screen goes black upon a resolution change.
Update your drivers if they aren't up to date yet, and don't use beta drivers if you're doing so.
Or roll back.

Other than that test each card individually.